PDA

View Full Version : RocknRolla

buffalogal
3.29.09, 7:07 PM
I watched this Guy Ritchie film last night and it was mildly enjoyable in parts, but nothing really groundbreaking. It has a similar feel to his other films, but what saves it from being completely uninspired are some good performances from Tom Wilkinson, Idris Elba and Gerard Butler (along with some of the supporting cast).

The plot is a bit convoluted - basically, a Russian property developer needs help securing permits/permission for a development so he tries to pay off Lenny (the crime boss played by Tom Wilkinson) but twists and turns lead to robberies, violence and a sub-plot with a presumed-dead rock star.

If you liked his other movies, you'll probably like this.

Annie
3.30.09, 8:51 AM
Good to know. This one has been sitting in our Netflix stack by the DVR for a while. We both liked Snatch and Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels, but if it's more of the same, not sure I'm anxious to give it much time.

I've been looking forward to his Sherlock Holmes, but not because of him. Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law and Holmes and Watson is so appealing to me, I hope Ritchie hasn't muddled up the story in his trademark, hard to understand style.