PDA

View Full Version : No race??? How about a Pit Stop?

Tiggermom
3.13.09, 4:46 PM
I kept thinking maybe I was missing it on our tv schedule but there really isn't a race this weekend is there? Oh bummer! I hate off weeks for no reason. I mean take off for Easter and stuff but why this weekend? I don't get it.

Oh well, how about a pit stop to take our minds off the raceless weekend? :-)

1. How happy are you with the new season?
2a. What do you think of all the mergers?
2b. Any new teams jump out to you as frontrunners?
3. What do you think of the new no testing rule?
4. What do you think about the crew member who was suspended for four races for chasing a tire out into the field? Too harsh or just right?

Have a great weekend ladies!

shortness
3.20.09, 1:06 PM
1. How happy are you with the new season?
Well, since the 48 hasn't found his way to victory lane yet, I'm happy. I loved seeing Kennseth take the 1st two races.
2a. What do you think of all the mergers?
I'm not in love with the mergers. I wish they didn't have to be. I'd rather see room for more small teams to be successful instead of a handful of big dominant teams forcing others to band together or be pushed out. But if joining together keeps them in the sport, then I guess I'm ok with it.
2b. Any new teams jump out to you as frontrunners?*Cringe* Hate to say it but of the new teams - Stewart's been the most impressive.
3. What do you think of the new no testing rule?
I think it helps the smaller teams from a financial standpoint and somewhat evens the field for them. But I think it can come back to bite those same teams in the butt if their driver has no experience on certain track types.
4. What do you think about the crew member who was suspended for four races for chasing a tire out into the field? Too harsh or just right?
I don't think the penalty was too harsh. His error changed the whole dynamic of the race and therefore the outcome.

I'm with you Tigger on the off-week. What the heck? For once I had nothing going on and could have sat down and watched a race on a Sunday. Definately ready for this weekend. Bristol Baby!!!

Tiggermom
3.20.09, 4:11 PM
I agree Shortness. It's too early in the season for a break and I am excited about Bristol!

lol, we are so on opposite ends on this, I wasn't happy with Kenseth's two-peat. But then again I'm not really happy about anyone besides Jr winning multiple races! lol I'm pretty single minded these days, if it's not Jr I'm not happy. I am so waiting for Jr to break out again and become the driver I know he's capable of. I kind of wish they'd bring back Tony Sr to the pitbox, seems he hasn't had the same kind of success since Tony Jr took over. Plus while I respect that Jr is a respectful driver and it's one of the things I really love about him, sometimes I just want him to get a little rough! ;-)