PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Favourite Actors/esses

yogaliz
7.17.07, 1:33 PM
Following on from the Summer Viewing thread it might be fun to see which actors/esses are most popular. We all have favourites who we tend to watch 'cos we know they make good choices in the work they pick. Here are some of mine (I will remember more as soon as I log off no doubt!)
Holly Hunter-Meryl Streep-Renee Zelwegger-Julia Roberts-Toni Colette.....
John Hurt-William Hurt-Willem Dafoe-Christian Bale-Richard E Grant.... So now you guys........
And Summer viewing is not just tv - what movies are you watching? I just saw a very scary film called Them - excellent if you have a sofa to hide behind! Also The Night Listener is a great thriller!:yikes:
Take care
Liz x

ClassicCoke
7.18.07, 2:50 PM
Hi Liz,
Have not been here forever and trying to figure everything out. This is a list of some of our favorites and we also watch a lot of movies in the summer.

Actors..Sean Connery/Richard Gere/Kevin Spacey/Leonardo DiCaprio (sp?)/Morgan Freeman Jr.

Actresses..Julia Roberts/Diane Keaton/Susan Sarandon/ Sandra Bullock/Sissy Spacek/Kathy Bates

Have not seen any good movies lately but will try the ones you suggested. Think the last good one was Breach. A true story about a spy within the FBI. Chris Conner starred and he was great. Okay on to other things to try on here.
Ciao, CC

yogaliz
7.20.07, 3:22 PM
Hey CC
good to see you again! Thats a good list - I just saw The Premonition (Sandra Bullock) which was good. Hope you are ok.
Liz x

TangoTia
8.9.07, 7:10 PM
Always love "who's your fav" questions, and I'm surprised more people haven't jumped in to play this one. Sooooooo.............here we go!
Tom Selleck, especially in a western wearing chaps and a big ol' stetson. With or without a horse. Don't care. Just love that man when he's roaming the west! Also like all the Jess Stone made for TV movies. Yum! Hmmmmm, what was the question again? Oh yeah, more favorite actors: Look to CC's answers, we seem to like the same ones. Morgan Freeman is THE man, Kevin Spacey, George Clooney, Sean Connery, Sean Penn and Anthony Hopkins.
Actresses: Helen Hunt, Sandra Bullock, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Cate Blanchette and Jodie Foster. I could have gone on and on, but I won't.

Next question?

soapyCJ
8.9.07, 11:21 PM
Ok, my favorite actors are Robert Duvall. Don't care how old he gets, he's good. Others are Matt Damon, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Costner, and of course Tom Selleck. I love his Jess Stone movies.

Favorite actress.......Meryl Streep, Julie Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, and thats all I can think of now.

yogaliz
8.10.07, 11:37 AM
Good to see you back here. You've listed some really good people....but.... somehow I think you may be voting for some of the male members of the profession for reasons other than their thesbian prowess!(Hope I spelt that right!) We watched The Number 23 last night (Jim Carey) which was very good. The sun is shining here (after weeks of heavy rain) but now we have foot & mouth disease. Blimey! How are things with you guys?
Liz x

yogaliz
8.10.07, 11:38 AM
And...
Sally Field is really great - we are getting Brothers & Sisters here and she's doing a fine job.
Liz x

Cosmoqueen
8.12.07, 9:19 PM
Hi Liz! Good to see you from across the pond. Were you near that terrible flooding in Gr. Brit.? Terrible! We've got a little of it here with lots of rain lately but not like over there.

I agree with lots of your choices. I love Holly Hunter, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, Judi Dench , Sally Fields,and Sandra Bullock. For guys there's Richard Gere, Kevin Spacey, Kevin Kostner , Denzel Washington, George Clooney and my all time crush Robert Downey Jr. For those who've known me awhile you'll recognize that fact. I'm sooo glad he's gotten his life together.
Good to see many familiar faces.

Cosmoqueen (oops I did Quick reply so no playing with icons this time. I miss my crown! LOL!)