PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone doing? March 6

Dragonmom
3.6.09, 12:42 PM
I have an extra day off this week. Long story..but I'm gonna have to do some changes to keep my hours at work. I am having to change my days off to get enough hours back in fabrics/crafts. Soon, I'll only be getting 1 day back there..so gonna have to work the register on somewhere else on the floor to make it up. In a few weeks..the days off will change..so in the meantime..I'm working only 3 days a week..instead of 4. This is ok for now..but after a while those paychecks get smaller and smaller. After the changes..I'll only have probably 3 days in fabrics..but if I didn't change my days off..and work the days they need someone badly..I'd end up with one day! I really really don't want to go back as a cashier...but perhaps I can deal with one day..but my manager said I could probably work in stationary..which I think I'd rather do. So we shall see! It's so frustrating.

JulieK1B
3.8.09, 10:13 AM
Dragsy we shared how frustrated you are about this whole thing. Hang in there. Stationary sounds nice. Good luck and hope it all works out for you! I'm just thankful I have 36 hours a week right now. Could be less, but I'm sharing with the other girl even though I've been there longer than she has. Oh well I guess senority doesn't count at my job because she is getting the same hours as me. No biggy really. Like I said just thankful to get that many hours right now you know. Take care!:winkq:

Passionatic
3.8.09, 11:24 AM
Hopefully you could work stationery, but it is worrisome how hours are being cut back. I dont mind working the register at my store, but basically most of my hours are on the weekends: Fri, Sat & Sunday...which is frustrating.
Hope everything works out for you...I know several stores have closed in our Mall.

Dragonmom
3.9.09, 1:49 PM
Julie...seems seniority doesn't mean much anymore. And things are getting tough everywhere. Reading where everyone's getting laid off...cut hours..etc. It's the economy right now..so Julie 36 hours isn't bad. And you are fortunate you still feel well enough to work right now. When are you getting a break from your treatments?

Coffenut
3.9.09, 2:53 PM
Dragonmom I hope it all works out fine. Yes everywhere you look you hear about people loosing their jobs or getting hours cut. My hubby lost his second job. It was part time but it reduced our income by half. It just sucks everywhere right now.
let's hope the economy gets better soon!

Dragonmom
3.10.09, 11:24 AM
I know...it's all over. Just hoping and praying everything works out. You hear more and more about people losing their homes. Thank God it's not that bad for us..but so many others it is.

JulieK1B
3.12.09, 1:58 PM
Julie...seems seniority doesn't mean much anymore. And things are getting tough everywhere. Reading where everyone's getting laid off...cut hours..etc. It's the economy right now..so Julie 36 hours isn't bad. And you are fortunate you still feel well enough to work right now. When are you getting a break from your treatments?

Yep I guess I shouldn't complain. I am working and getting hours at least right? I just wish it was full time. Oh well beggers can't be choosers. Just want to get caught up on my bills is why. Eventually I will. Any ways. I am just thankful I do have a job. My treatments are over with as of yesterday. I made it through the first part. I get a two week break then begin again. Urrgh. Not looking forward to it. But will be nice to have a break! Take care!:winkq:

Dragonmom
3.12.09, 11:34 PM
Yes Julie..you get a break. I know you are happy about that.

JulieK1B
3.13.09, 11:36 AM
Yes I am! Can't wait tell my bottom heals up but that hasn't happened yet. Still having issues. Oh well taking the medication they gave me for it. And also now taking potassium too on top of it. Horse pills once in the morning and once at night. Urrrgh yuck! But a necessity right now. Just nice to sleep in and not have to head out so early for a treatment! Take care!:winkq:

Dragonmom
3.14.09, 2:15 PM
I know you still have a long haul ahead of you..but thank God for a break. Hope your bottom heals up soon. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

JulieK1B
3.14.09, 2:21 PM
I know you still have a long haul ahead of you..but thank God for a break. Hope your bottom heals up soon. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Well I am still having issues. No relief as of yet. Which I hate. urrgh! Can't wait tell I get a break! Hopefully I will soon. This is getting so hard on me. Thanks for them prayers! :winkq: