PDA

View Full Version : My day went from bad to worse

Coffenut
2.10.09, 11:49 PM
I am totally exhausted physically and emotionally. The day started with my dog passing away . Now my husband is in the hospital with heart problems. He was taken to the hospital from work by ambulance. I just got home from the hospital. He is doing ok right now but needs testing. So he was admitted.I just hope everything will turn out fine.

Dragonmom
2.11.09, 12:03 AM
Oh hon..what a day for you! They run him through all kinds of tests..which is a good thing. Has he had problems in the past..or is this the first scare? I hope and pray all's going to be alright. Let us know.

JulieK1B
2.11.09, 7:06 PM
Oh coffenut! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! And now your hubby too! Oh my! I'll be praying all goes well for him with the testing etc. I do hope he is feeling better and it's something they can control with medication! Hang in there and keep us posted OK? I'm praying!:redfacey:

soapyCJ
2.11.09, 9:43 PM
Oh goodness. You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. I certainly hope that he will be alright soon.

Take care, CJ

Coffenut
2.12.09, 9:39 AM
Tank you all for the prayers and the support. I really appreciate it.
This is the first time my husband had problems with the heart. He is always been healthy and the tough guy. He also is not being very patient right now. I told him he just needs to let the doctors do the tests and find out what's wrong.He was staken to the hospital because he had a severe nosebleed that wouldn't stop.They said the nosebleed just happened but the tests showed that he has a heartflutter. The heartflutter is usually caused by something else. So now they are trying to find out what it is.The heartflutter gives him a greater risk for blood clots. So he has to get a blood thinner.Now the bad nosebleeds happened again and they can't give him the blood thinner untill they figure out why he gets the nosebleeds.so all we can do right now is wait for them to get all the testing done and find out what is going on.lets hope everything will be alright.
Thank you all for listening and for all the support! I'll keep you posted.

Dragonmom
2.12.09, 11:27 AM
Hey dear...I'm assuming he's still in the hospital..or doing these tests as outpatient? Poor guy...I'm sure he's getting restless. I hope they find out soon what's causing all of this. Hang in there..and keeping your hubby in prayer.

JulieK1B
2.12.09, 6:52 PM
Coffenut so sorry to hear he is having heart flutters. I pray they can find out what is causing this and also stop the nose bleeds too! Hang in there!:winkq:

Coffenut
2.16.09, 2:32 PM
Thanks girls! Well My hubby is home now.Here is an update.my husband was released from the hospital saturday. We took him back to the ER yesterday because his nose started bleeding again for over an hour .The ENT cauterized it on wednesday or thursday and thought it was fixed. But that isn't the case.Today we went to the ENT and they gave hin some options for fixing the problem. One is major surgery and the other involves a catheder that is inserted in the groin and leads up to behind the nose to fix the problem.He also needs a catheder procedure to fix the A Fib but the cardiologist said that can't be done without blood thinners and no blood thinners untill the nosebleeds are stopped.So we are kind of going in a circle . They put him on another nose spray today just for a last effort to stop the problem without any other procedure. He has to wait four days and if he gets no nosebleeds everything with the nose is ok.
So it's waiting again and trying to figure out what to do next.
I'll keep you posten on what's happening.
Thank you all!

JulieK1B
2.17.09, 3:25 PM
Thanks girls! Well My hubby is home now.Here is an update.my husband was released from the hospital saturday. We took him back to the ER yesterday because his nose started bleeding again for over an hour .The ENT cauterized it on wednesday or thursday and thought it was fixed. But that isn't the case.Today we went to the ENT and they gave hin some options for fixing the problem. One is major surgery and the other involves a catheder that is inserted in the groin and leads up to behind the nose to fix the problem.He also needs a catheder procedure to fix the A Fib but the cardiologist said that can't be done without blood thinners and no blood thinners untill the nosebleeds are stopped.So we are kind of going in a circle . They put him on another nose spray today just for a last effort to stop the problem without any other procedure. He has to wait four days and if he gets no nosebleeds everything with the nose is ok.
So it's waiting again and trying to figure out what to do next.
I'll keep you posten on what's happening.
Thank you all!

Well I do hope they get this problem under control so he doesn't have to have the evasive surgery etc. I'll sure be praying that all goes well! Keep us posted OK? Take care!:winkq:

Dragonmom
2.18.09, 12:37 AM
Claudia, my dear... thanks for the update. But so sorry to hear your hubby is still having those nosebleed problems and of course the other problems as well. Bless his heart. Keeping him in prayer my dear. Love ya!

P.S. I emailed to let Sheri (racemom) know.