PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year everyone!

yogaliz
1.10.09, 5:02 PM
I hope you are all well and have not only made your new year resolutions but have stuck to them!!! I hope you are all keeping warm and safe.
It is very cold but no snow here and I am getting used to rural life - I am here on my own a lot so I do miss friends and family but when the house is finished they will hopefully be here quite a lot. The animals are sweeties though - especially my baby boys (Normande steers!) and the sheep are funny! My hens are laying eggs like crazy despite the cold - just wish the kitchen was in!! The dog is good company - though I think she has picked up some very bad habits in the institution (she's from a rescue home)! I'm catching up on 'House' and I got hold of all the 'Thirtysomething' series so I have plenty to watch! I'm off to a quilting B next week and a kind friend has lent me a spinning wheel and some fleece so I can get spinning (my stuffs still in storage). Anyways - new year new beginning - especially for some of you and yours.
Good luck
Liz x

soapyCJ
1.11.09, 5:42 PM
Hi Liz...good to see ya! Been pretty busy here too.

No snow for us either, but today its cold and cloudy. Birds finally found the bird seed a couple of days ago. Its in the same place its always been. I was starting to think that someone had stoled all the wild birds or they had found a better feeding place.

Sounds like you live in a great place. Are you building a country home? When I was a kid, my aunt and uncle owned a dairy farm. Guess what the kids drank at meal time!!! You got it... Milk ... no coke, no pepsi, just milk. It was good for us though. Sister and me use to love to watch the cows when they went in for their feeding/milking time. It was a lessen learned for two little city girls. LOL...

You'll have lots of scrambled eggs when you get your kitchen finished. That is making me hungry, need to find something good to eat.

Take care and stay warm.

Beautifulstargazer
1.12.09, 12:22 PM
We had a great Christmas and New Years, although we had way too much snow! They said over a 3-4 week period over the holidays we had more snow than we have had in 40 years. The weather finally warmed up about a week ago and it stopped snowing. We are back to our sunny/drizzle type of weather so the snow is melting quickly, thank goodness.

Santa was very good this year, received lots of cool Harley stuff for the bike. My biggest surprise was a new car. I was totally shocked. It was about a week before Christmas and Rick asked me to vacuum out my car (I drove a 10 year old Sunfire) My car is always covered in dog hair because my dog comes everywhere with me. Anyways, I did that and then he said we were going for a drive and we took my car and ended up at a car lot and traded my car in on a 2009 Calibur. I had been telling Rick for about a year that when my car started causing problems that is the car that I wanted to get. So far my Sunfire was just fine, I guess he wanted to get rid of it before the problems started. So, I ended up with a brand new car at Christmas which happens to be very good in the snow!

Hope everyone had a great holiday and is settling into 2009 nicely. Liz, your life sounds so idellic(s), you'll have to post some photos of your place.

Well, take care and have a great day
Penny

pinkpony
1.29.09, 12:36 PM
Happy New Year guys! Liz, I am green with envy. Your place sounds just yummy.

We had a blast of winter, snow, ice, cold. But now it is warm and wet, wet, wet. At least we are not having weather like on the East Coast. Oh those poor people, with the snow, ice and power outages.

We too have been feeding the birds, ans squirles. LOL! They are so fun to watch. Our kitty gets a real kick out of watching them too. She wakes me up in the morning when the squirles arive. It is like she is saying "Hay mom, lets get this show on the road." LOL.

Here is hoping for a happy new year to all you guys!

Pinkpony

yogaliz
1.29.09, 1:36 PM
Well glad to know you are all OK. Nearly the end of January so only weeks now till Spring! New cars - snow - WARM weather!!! How fab!
We are learning how the French celebrate christmas - Epiphany (twelfth night) is the big deal here there are special cakes with a charm in them - the person who gets the 'feve' is King or Queen for the day! It seems to go on till easter(lights and decs all still up!).
Thankyou for your good wishes - our house here will be lovely (hopefully) ONEDAY! We have a lot of work to do - you have NO idea! Anyways lets resolve to get the board going again!!
Liz

pinkpony
2.8.09, 8:09 PM
Just droped i

pinkpony
2.8.09, 8:15 PM
Just droped in to see what you guys were up to. It is so quiet. You hoo! Come out, come out! I was so bad last year about not posting too, so I know what it is like.

I am so ready for Spring. Liz you are so good for the sole. You give me inspiration to get ready for Spring. We have been way to far into comfort food and staying warm this Winter. LOL!

Pinkpony

soapyCJ
2.8.09, 11:10 PM
Just droped in to see what you guys were up to. It is so quiet. You hoo! Come out, come out! I was so bad last year about not posting too, so I know what it is like.

I am so ready for Spring. Liz you are so good for the sole. You give me inspiration to get ready for Spring. We have been way to far into comfort food and staying warm this Winter. LOL!

Pinkpony
Bad bad pink, lol. Of course, I am bad too, I don't get here too often either. I hangout on Cafemoms more than I should.
We had a high of 74 deg. today. (now 57) Very nice and I wondered around in the yard and into my little garden place. Sat there thinking about tomatoes and squash. Then wondering what kind of flowers I can plant that will come back next year.
I need to go on some brisk walks and see if I can get rid of some fat I stored up for the winter.
So lets all keep in touch, OK.
CJ

Beautifulstargazer
2.9.09, 12:18 PM
I am awfully bad too. Sometimes I feel like I live in a cave in the wintertime! I literally hibernate. Today is a beautiful day, cold but lovely blue skies. I don't think we are anywhere near spring yet, we had an absolutely rotten December with lots and lots of snow, really unusual for our part of the country. We even had a white Christmas, snowed Christmas morning, which was really cool.

Hubby is looking forward to May 1 when the beloved bike goes back on the road. He even booked the day off work!! I asked him what if it is raining? Oh well, what a goof.

Lots of coughs and bronchitis going around. Little Rhys (8 mths) had bronchitis and it was quite scarey. Rick and I both have the coughs now where we sound like we are going to cough up both lungs.

So looking forward to some nice warm springtime weather, can't come any time too soon for me.

It is nice to see the new posts, keep up the good work ladies!!

Take care, Penny