PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger As The Joker

mtj
1.7.09, 10:17 AM
Okay, so I finally got around to seeing "The Dark Knight". Well, the first half anyway. I quickly lost interest. I have not been into the last three Batman movies because they are just too dark.
And while I thought Ledger did an admirable job with the role of The Joker, I don't understand why people are going on and on about it.
It was good, but not great.
And certainly not Oscar worthy.

Agent99
1.7.09, 11:23 AM
I thought the actor playing Batman was totally boring. I really liked Heath Ledger in that role. I thought he was great. It was such a departure from his real personality. I'm not sure it's Oscar-worthy either but it will certainly be a memorable role for that poor soul.

mtj
1.7.09, 12:00 PM
Christian Bale repulsed me so much in "American Psycho" that I haven't liked him in anything since. The only movie Batman I liked was Michael Keaton.

Agent99
1.7.09, 4:14 PM
Michael Keaton was 29 years ago!!! How old are you? LOL!

mtj
1.7.09, 5:02 PM
I am ancient.
I can go back a lot further than Michael Keaton.
As in...Adam West.
Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da
BATMAN!!!
Hey, you're into the vampire stories now.
Remember "Dark Shadows"?
Alas, Barnabas Collins was not quite as hot as your newest heart throb.

dylanangel75
1.8.09, 9:43 AM
Being one of the biggest fans of Heath Ledger I can honestly say he did an AMAZING job on this film. So different from his other roles so that's why people are going on and on about it. Jack made the Joker a clown Heath made him a mad man. It is certainly Oscar worthy and if he doesn't win what a shame that will be.

Christian Bale is beautiful. Oh what a very handsome man. I think hes doing a fine Batman. I would say hes the second best next to Michael. American Psycho was a film and a role he was playing. I don't see how a role can cause someone to not want to watch anything further from an actor but that's just me.

Paxie2
1.12.09, 2:02 AM
before I saw it I thought people were just saying he was great in it because he past away... but I was actually pleasently suprised and enjoyed his acting during it.