PDA

View Full Version : My favorites

mtj
4.25.07, 3:40 PM
Some of my favorites are Jeffrey Deaver, Tammi Hoag, Stephen King, Sue Monk Kidd, John O'Donohue, Caroline Myss and Harper Lee. There is a new book out about Harper Lee's life that I want to read. I'm in the middle of too many books now to start on another one.

Annie
4.25.07, 4:27 PM
I love Jeffrey Deaver and Tami Hoag. The Secret Life of Bees was one of my favorite books a couple of years ago, but the reviews of Mermaid's Chair were so blah that I never picked it up. Have you read it?

MeganG
4.25.07, 11:21 PM
I read the Mermaids Chair and it was pretty good. Secret Life of Bees was better but it wasn't as bad as the reviews I didn't think.

I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Weiner (In her Shoes, Good in Bed) she's fantastic. I'm just starting Emily Griffiths (Something Borrowed).

I love James Patterson, Carl Hiassen, Patricia Cromwell (The Scarpetta novels) and Sue Grafton. (My spelling is horrible sorry!)

I'm just finishing Candace Busnell's Lipstick Jungle and like it so far.

mtj
6.6.07, 1:24 PM
I was "eh" about "The Mermaid's Chair". I love the way Sue Monk Kidd writes, but that story was kind of lame. I hope she rebounds on her next book.

lillies
8.28.07, 9:26 PM
i like jennifer l jordan, but her stuff is hard to come by.