PDA

View Full Version : An insult 2 all fans, faithful & otherwise

soapnet6
6.23.07, 2:11 AM
I know alot of people have posted here about this, but I wanna put in my 2 cents. The fact that according to the writers 'no one knows about the origins of the feud between the DiMera's and the Brady's' is beyond ludicrous. You mean 2 tell me with all the hell The Brady's went through, 'no one' would wonder before now why these people are after them. Surely a crime victim who wonder's why harm was done to them would beg to differ. So why would the writers insult us and think we would ever believe with the injustices imposed on the Brady's, and countless others by the Dimera's, would not be questioned until now?
The saddest part is, I am a Sami fan. I despise how they have Sami comfortably interacting with a man that IMHO not only raped her, but then tried to use his crime to keep the man of her dreams from marrying her, as if it were an affair or something.Any strides the Sami character has made are being obliterated as we speak. I cannot abide how she keeps repeating how she must find out the origins of the feud are and try to stop it, as if it were a novel thought.
If the rumors are true, and B.D. (Lucas) is fired, I don't think I could watch this show any longer. Sami and Lucas handled her rape and subsequent pregnancy in a courageous way(when Sami finally told Lucas the truth and he accepted it with natural fear). All that character developement may be shot to hell sometime soon...regrettably.

La Mariposa
6.23.07, 2:44 AM
I know alot of people have posted here about this, but I wanna put in my 2 cents. The fact that according to the writers 'no one knows about the origins of the feud between the DiMera's and the Brady's' is beyond ludicrous. You mean 2 tell me with all the hell The Brady's went through, 'no one' would wonder before now why these people are after them. Surely a crime victim who wonder's why harm was done to them would beg to differ. So why would the writers insult us and think we would ever believe with the injustices imposed on the Brady's, and countless others by the Dimera's, would not be questioned until now?
The saddest part is, I am a Sami fan. I despise how they have Sami comfortably interacting with a man that IMHO not only raped her, but then tried to use his crime to keep the man of her dreams from marrying her, as if it were an affair or something.Any strides the Sami character has made are being obliterated as we speak. I cannot abide how she keeps repeating how she must find out the origins of the feud are and try to stop it, as if it were a novel thought.
If the rumors are true, and B.D. (Lucas) is fired, I don't think I could watch this show any longer. Sami and Lucas handled her rape and subsequent pregnancy in a courageous way(when Sami finally told Lucas the truth and he accepted it with natural fear). All that character developement may be shot to hell sometime soon...regrettably.

That's the thing...the BRADY'S didn't really go through anything...but Roman, John and Marlena did. Stefano could not have cared one bit about Caroline, Shawn, Kimberly, Kayla, Frankie, Max, and not even until recently Bo and Hope.

I admire that you are a Sami fan who sees the destruction of her character in this story though :)

Jiggs
6.23.07, 4:07 AM
Great rant! ITA!

Pompgirl
6.23.07, 3:20 PM
I watched Days for like a millisecond when I was in my early twenties, so I don't know much about what you're saying. However, it's not the first time that writers on a soap have had a rape victim fall for her rapist. The famous Luke and Laura got together that way too. As a woman, it is rather maddening to see that kind of behavior, but I fear that it may also happen in real life. Eek! I sympathize with your frustration both with the rape/romance and with the two families feuding. Good luck with that :)

soapnet6
6.23.07, 3:32 PM
Thanks Pompgirl. I LOVE cats. I have a 1year old orange and white tabby named Freddie. I love her(yes her name is Freddie and she's a girl). LOL! I didn't come up with that though, she inherited the name and responds to it well.

soapnet6
6.23.07, 3:33 PM
thanks, Jiggs :)

deevineness
6.26.07, 12:09 AM
Yeah and apparently Shawn snr has known about it all these years and never bothered to tell anyone. GMAFB. Oh and instead of telling them now.... he decides the stress is too much so he goes fishing. Some feud this is.

hatekate
6.26.07, 1:02 AM
Add Bo and Hope to that feud, come on - Stefano had her after faking her death and then she returned during Maison Blanche....John was targeted when he was supposed to be Roman btw.

daisy
6.28.07, 2:04 PM
I despise how they have Sami comfortably interacting with a man that IMHO not only raped her, but then tried to use his crime to keep the man of her dreams from marrying her, as if it were an affair or something.Any strides the Sami character has made are being obliterated as we speak.

It makes me sick the way she allowed EJ to manipulate her and didn't report the crime although her whole family is in the police force. EJ's sexual sadism is unforgivable and the whole storyline was an insult to women. I participate in those Days surveys NBC sends out and I wrote them a number of long harangues about it; I'm glad they finally got the message.

SarahBeth
6.28.07, 4:51 PM
I hate the rape sl as well but I completely understand why Sami didn't press charges. She's gone that route before and it ended up in hurt and humiliation. The rest of the sl is poop.