PDA

View Full Version : Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist

ELANA
10.10.08, 10:32 PM
I was FREAKED out by this movie. It could have been a really sweet film - I think Michael Cera is a really cool and different leading man - but for the fact that the thing is so CRUDE!!!!! I'm faaaar from a prude, but the crude talk was just unnecessary and to have a subplot about Nora not being able to orgasm... WTF??????? I can't believe this is a teen film. Just creepy.

buffalogal
10.14.08, 7:28 PM
I actually loved the movie EXCEPT for the gum thing. It was disgusting and unnecessary. As for the rest, I think it is pretty realistic for teenagers.

Annie
11.2.08, 7:07 PM
I haven't seen it, but I can't help but wonder... gum?

buffalogal
2.8.09, 5:23 PM
Just watched this one again to see if it held up for me. The first time we saw it in the theater in Austin, TX at the Alamo Drafthouse, which is such a cool movie experience that it can color things.

But we rented it today and watched it again. I still really liked it. Michael Cera and Kat Dennings are so appealing that they make the movie likeable even in the stupider moments. I still can't stand the gum thing (Annie, let's just say it involves people sharing the same piece of gum all evening that has some disgusting things happen to it) but overall I think it is an appealing teen comedy that has some heart to it.