PDA

View Full Version : Once and Forgetting Sarah Marshall

buffalogal
7.22.08, 9:08 PM
I thought I posted about "Once" but apparently I didn't. I LOVED this movie. It's out on DVD now. GO RENT IT!! It is wonderful. It's a simple movie about two people who bond over their love of music. Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are charming and real in their performances, and the music is lovely. I waited a long time to watch this (I had rented and returned it a few times) but it is now one of my all-time favorites.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was very funny. I thought Jason Segal was terrific. I don't think I've laughed harder this year than when Rachel (Mila Kunis) pushes him to sing a song from his musical at that bar. When he busts into the Dracula song, I about peed myself! And the best line of the film? "He's like Ganhdi, only better, cuz he likes puppets." See, now you definitely need to see it to figure out what the heck that means! It's definitely an ADULT comedy, but it is also sweet and silly.

ELANA
10.10.08, 10:28 PM
wow, I just rented and returned Once!! I'm definitely renting it again. I didn't watch it, either. I think that the stars are also the writers of the songs.