PDA

View Full Version : Confused - Sami and EJ???

hatekate
6.11.07, 12:46 PM
I keep reading how it's disgusting and outrageous that Sami will fall in love with EJ - her rapist

I have not read the spoiler that said she will fall in love with him.....links anyone?

Nothing I've read says she will fall in love with him so I'm curious as to where these facts are backed up :confused:

thanks

dee_ann
6.14.07, 1:25 PM
I don't believe there are. It's just that this pairing has managed to create a fan base that is based solely on the chemistry they see and what they want to happen with the story line. I think this is one of the reasons why the summer story line detailing what happened between Santos and Colleen with be acted out by these 2 characters. It's an attempt to appease the people that want to see them together. Personally I think it's a mistake and only serves to frustrate this crowd more as they are all to aware that it is still not the story they want to see.

hatekate
6.14.07, 1:59 PM
I don't believe there are. It's just that this pairing has managed to create a fan base that is based solely on the chemistry they see and what they want to happen with the story line. I think this is one of the reasons why the summer story line detailing what happened between Santos and Colleen with be acted out by these 2 characters. It's an attempt to appease the people that want to see them together. Personally I think it's a mistake and only serves to frustrate this crowd more as they are all to aware that it is still not the story they want to see.

I see, that makes sense. Do you think they went as far as they have with EJ shooting John and raping Sami JUST to make people not like EJ or be angry that he raped Sami hoping to eliminate the very loud Ejami fan base?

dee_ann
6.14.07, 2:40 PM
No.. I think that originly gave it that much thought, Sammi never being one to cheat couldn't be written to have an affair. No one would buy it. The rape had to happen to lead into this type of story line where there would be a possible Brady/Dimera baby. I think they came up with the ancient love affair idea to appease that crowd while at the same time putting meaning to this fued later on after the fact...

SarahBeth
6.15.07, 11:38 AM
You know they could have had Sami and EJ have sex consensually after the split with Austin. They could have had her and Lucas get back together with Sami dumping EJ and have Sami end up pregnant with Lucas' baby. They still could have had all the drama they have with Stephano and EJ trying to force Sami to marry EJ without going the rape route.

dee_ann
6.15.07, 12:13 PM
You know they could have had Sami and EJ have sex consensually after the split with Austin. They could have had her and Lucas get back together with Sami dumping EJ and have Sami end up pregnant with Lucas' baby. They still could have had all the drama they have with Stephano and EJ trying to force Sami to marry EJ without going the rape route.

Yes they could have, I won't deny that.. but there was already so much happening that had the family wondering if they whir being targeted with EJ already somewhat suspect, and then when Sammi overheard and figured out for sure that he was a Dimera (I see that as the actual moment that she finally made up her mind). She really wasn't sure of what she wanted at that time. Sammi doesn't just give sex away. For her to just jump from wanting Austin for so many years to sleeping with EJ overnight, would have been weird and out of character for her. She wasn't even sleeping with Lucas at that time. I just don't know how it would have played out.

2lucid2
6.15.07, 3:42 PM
I could be wrong, but this is my personal take on it. In the beginning, I don't think they intended to "redeem" EJ as we are seeing them do now. I think they were trying to make him a villain and have him be a really bad guy and thus went with the rape storyline, shooting John, torturning Steve etc.. I think TPTB have started to try to redeem EJ because they realized that there was such a huge and very vocal EJ and EJami fan base.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong