PDA

View Full Version : Should Sam be good or evil?

Ohmy
6.11.07, 12:18 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7KJKsnYQ4kwxTM:www.celebopedia.com/kelly-monaco/images/kelly-monaco.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.celebopedia.com/kelly-monaco/images/kelly-monaco.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.celebopedia.com/kelly-monaco/&h=211&w=150&sz=23&tbnid=7KJKsnYQ4kwxTM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=75&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkelly%2Bmonaco%26um%3D1&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1)
Should Sam McCall be written as a misunderstood, problem child or as a calculating and cold bad girl? As much as I'd hope she would develop in to a beautiful heroine on this show, it's pretty obvious she is not. SO, with no hope of her getting back together with Sonny in a way that suits me; after SIC sex, I don't want her with anyone! I'm thinking I would love for her to be E-V-I-L. What do you think??

Wastetime
6.11.07, 6:05 PM
I guess I don't want her evil. I prefer excessively flawed and needy, and moreso everyday, but not to the point of being repulsive. We already have Carly for that. ;) I find characters a lot more interesting if, even when they are bad, they have a good spot that shines through at times.
~~~
My first post here!

sable_mom4
6.11.07, 6:15 PM
I think she has a workable blend of good and evil and I personally have liked her with Jason where both of them can be cold blooded and yet warm and tender with each other.

azurakat
6.11.07, 7:28 PM
I'm not certain Kelly Monaco could pull off evil thru-and-thru. Egocentric, somewhat manipulative...YES. An all out villain that I could come to love hating? Mmmm...probably not. I never watched her extensively on Port Charles, but I did not find her as annoying as that former character as I do now portraying Sam! I mostly ffwd through her crying/pouting/whining these days, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

growpeas
6.13.07, 7:37 PM
Well put Wastetime. I tend to agree with your sentiment. Most of the time I find Sam annoying, and I hate that she used Liz and Jake in her attempts to get Jason's attention. But, I don't want to see her go the route of cold and calculating.

natali3
6.17.07, 12:38 AM
she is/ and will always be evil in my mine. As she was
living with her mother she went to great lengths to
seduce rick (several times) anyone remember the flowing
gown? she was out to destroy Alex' marriage.

cold and calculating.

I know, I know, I always defend Rick

[img src="http://m1.freeshare.us/151fs914964.gif"']

azurakat
6.17.07, 2:04 PM
she is/ and will always be evil in my mine. As she was
living with her mother she went to great lengths to
seduce rick (several times) anyone remember the flowing
gown? she was out to destroy Alex' marriage.

cold and calculating.

I so try to forget that had ever happened! I still contend, however, that even if Sam was turned pure evil, I would never love hating her character. It's more of a hate/hate relationship at this point. If you know what I mean...

I just want Sam's secrets to blow up in her face. I want Jasam to be over!!! And I'd like some new earth shattering Liason moments....like IMMEDIATELY. haha, I'm so impatient. I've only been waiting what 8 years now???

presley23
6.23.07, 3:34 AM
I don't want her to go really evil, but I would like her to grow a backbone, ditch Jason for good and set her sights on Lucky! Now there is a storyline I would watch Sam in.

sabine69
6.23.07, 11:07 PM
I think she should be sober. I'm tired of seeing sloppy drunk Sam.

I agree with the poster above who talked about Jason & Sam being tough as nails for the outside world but tender with each other. But Sam is ruining their relationship and I'm about at the point where I'm OK with them breaking up IF Jason gets to be with Elizabeth (no one else ... Sam or Elizabeth).

bardougle
6.27.07, 1:23 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7KJKsnYQ4kwxTM:www.celebopedia.com/kelly-monaco/images/kelly-monaco.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.celebopedia.com/kelly-monaco/images/kelly-monaco.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.celebopedia.com/kelly-monaco/&h=211&w=150&sz=23&tbnid=7KJKsnYQ4kwxTM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=75&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkelly%2Bmonaco%26um%3D1&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1)
Should Sam McCall be written as a misunderstood, problem child or as a calculating and cold bad girl? As much as I'd hope she would develop in to a beautiful heroine on this show, it's pretty obvious she is not. SO, with no hope of her getting back together with Sonny in a way that suits me; after SIC sex, I don't want her with anyone! I'm thinking I would love for her to be E-V-I-L. What do you think??
She's already evil--so, what's the dif? It's just that that evilness has manifested itself in her attitude towards Jason and Elizabeth.

reines
6.27.07, 7:12 PM
She's already evil--so, what's the dif? It's just that that evilness has manifested itself in her attitude towards Jason and Elizabeth.
I just don't get how Sam is "evil"? Because it looks to me like she's the victim here. Who spent months lying about such an important thing as having a child with another woman? It sure wasn't Sam.
From my viewpoint, Jason and Elizabeth have acted just terribly- lying to those they supposedly love so much, even as those lies keep compounding. I don't buy into this noble "we're only doing it for Jake" crap they keep spouting. If Elizabeth had any real love for Lucky OR Jake OR Jason she'd never build such an ark of lies.....and then expect everyone else to float in it.
I see Sam always trying to do the right thing....now. I just don't "get" where the 'evil" supposedly is.

liljeannee
6.27.07, 8:45 PM
I'm with you OhMy - I'd kind of like to see her turn E-V-i-L! :)
We have Carly on the show, but she's not evil persay...not in the way I think Sam could be.

I thought we could use a real female villainness on this show! And with Maxie's pact with Logan, they could team up! :)

Peri
7.1.07, 11:38 AM
That is the problem. How to make her bad without making her Carly. She needs to carve out her own bad space--or take a very long, painful (yes, definitely that) road to redemption.

Peri
7.1.07, 11:38 AM
You make a good point.
Not everyone can be Faith!

Peri
7.1.07, 11:39 AM
Ric needs somone to defend him. He's taken 200% of the blame for that ugly night. Maybe Sam slipped him a drug of some sort... ohhhh we're talking evil here.

Peri
7.1.07, 11:44 AM
And that's another reason why Jasam never worked (for me). A couple needs to complement--not be mirror images. The contrast of Jason and Sam was... where? Elizabeth is more a normal woman who has a normal woman's fear (hey, a normal person's fear) of that life--but not of Jason. Not that I want Liz to have to deal with that life but I think all sorts of tender drama can come out of Jason protecting Liz from that life (and if necessary, his crazy soon-to-be ex-girlfriend also) with everything he has; that will be awesome.

Peri
7.1.07, 11:54 AM
I just don't get how Sam is "evil"? Because it looks to me like she's the victim here. Who spent months lying about such an important thing as having a child with another woman? It sure wasn't Sam.
From my viewpoint, Jason and Elizabeth have acted just terribly- lying to those they supposedly love so much, even as those lies keep compounding. I don't buy into this noble "we're only doing it for Jake" crap they keep spouting. If Elizabeth had any real love for Lucky OR Jake OR Jason she'd never build such an ark of lies.....and then expect everyone else to float in it.
I see Sam always trying to do the right thing....now. I just don't "get" where the 'evil" supposedly is.

IMO, any normal person (which is what Liz is) would be terrified at the idea of being in the life of (and publicly known to be important to) someone who absolutely everyone is out to get. The police want to arrest him but that's nothing compared to rival mob factions who want to blow him away without warning at any point in time. If I were Elizabeth, that would terrify me. We're all brainwashed into thinking it's no biggy because Carly is an idiot who doesn't think it's a big deal. She is not a normal person; she's a remarkably oblivious person who lives in the land of Denial.

So I think it's completely reasonable that Liz is terrified--and that Jason thinks she has a point. It's the whole reason Jason broke up with Sam (and part of the reason Sic sex happened).

In any case, up to the point where she watched Jake get kidnapped and did nothing, Sam wasn't really evil. She was, however, instinctively and relentlessly manipulative. Her reaction to any situation is to manipulate and the way she played with Liason trying to get Jason to tell her the truth---it's not evil, but it's pretty unpleasant. She also knows (because she's overheard enough to know this) that Jason lied to protect her, which should have lessened the extent to which she went after Liason in this manner.

Once she let that woman kidnap Jake without saying a word (and has since done everything she can to keep Jake gone), I think she's crossed into evil territory--and not because of her actions alone. But because when she returned that day after seeing the woman take Jake, she was happy. If she was all about the remorse, I'd still give her benefit of the doubt. But she's only feeling remorse now because she can feel Jason closing in on her. She knows she's going to get caught.

lefty18
7.9.07, 12:01 PM
Kelly Monaco is such a good actress she could be either,but I started watching because I liked Sams edge, the last year Sam got whinny and annoying every sceen she was crying and now i don't like Sam.

SunDropQueen
7.23.07, 11:08 PM
I like Sam as a gray character, some evil, some good. Kelly projects such an air of vulnerability I find myself liking and wanting to smack Sam all at the same time. I would love Sam and Lucky. That's one Sam and a married man scenario I could go for. Liz is such a wimp. I used to like Jason but Liz has ruined him. The Liasons better enjoy it while it lasts because it won't last long. Mark my words Liz will have an affair with Sonny and have a baby by him next. She's no better than Sam or Carly. Yeah bring on LuSam. That would show Jason and Liz a thing or two. Revenge is a dish best served hot!

bardougle
7.27.07, 4:18 PM
Whether you defended Ric or not--Sam still seduced him--her mother's husband! Her only motive was to cause as much pain as she could--she's quite good at that--her SOLE attribute.

Peri
8.7.07, 12:24 AM
(or someone squeezes the admission out of Sam) that Sam deliberately and with a great amount of cold-blooded preparation seduced Ric.

annS
2.25.08, 1:07 PM
Nope, I don't believe it for one minute. I think she
was going to try to seduce Ric, but changed her mind,
and it was the drink that made her do it.
Ric is a big boy, and no one can make him do what
he himself doesn't WANT to do. lol