PDA

View Full Version : Paris

Annie
6.7.07, 10:18 AM
The first thing I saw this morning was this:

Paris Hilton is struggling after a little over two days in jail, sobbing to family members over the phone and complaining she isn't sleeping or eating. The heiress has served just over 48 hours of her 23 day sentence for violating her parole following a 2006 drink-driving arrest. But, according to Tmz.com, the 26-year-old is close to crumbling. Sources tell the site she has no appetite and is struggling to sleep in her noisy and "freezing cell" with just three small blankets and no pillow. Hilton's fellow inmates have extended her a warm welcome according to the sources, who claim other prisoners chanted "Paris! Paris! Paris!" as she passed them - as well as offering her gifts and words of support.

Then, just a couple of hours later, this popped up:

Paris Hilton was freed from jail Thursday morning, just three days after she began serving what was to be a 23-day sentence for violating probation, according to celebrity Web site TMZ.com.

I'm speechless. And naive, I guess. My sister had said she (Paris) wouldnever do time, and if she did at all, it would be a couple of days.

Ry
6.7.07, 12:33 PM
Unbelievable. Honestly....

soapyCJ
6.7.07, 2:00 PM
OH my goodness!!!!
If it was me, they wouldn't let me out.

mtj
6.8.07, 12:34 PM
This situation is total BS. And now, the judge who sentenced her, and specifically stated "no house arrest" is fuming mad. People don't get let out of jail for this kind of reason. This just smells of bribery. And news flash, that girl reportedly does a lot of cocaine, so she could have been going through withdrawal. More will be revealed, she's back in court later today.

ruthmartin
6.8.07, 4:01 PM
Paris need to serve her time and stop acting like a crybaby. I heard claims that she was ill. Well there are women with for real medical problems like cancer and AIDS and they don't get a free pass.
Evidently the judge is not persuaded by her family wealth and connections.

QueenBee
6.10.07, 7:13 AM
what else is new with paris? *rolleyes*

mtj
6.11.07, 10:45 AM
She told Barbara Walters in a phone interview this weekend that she was going to "quit acting dumb". Hee! Like it's an act.

Annie
6.12.07, 1:07 PM
Fastest jailhouse conversion ever! From ABC News:
"I'm not the same person I was," Hilton told Walters. "I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me.

"I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that. I have been thinking that I want to do different things when I am out of here. I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance."

"I feel that the purpose of my life is to be where I am. My spirit or soul did not like the way I was being seen and that is why I was sent to jail. God has released me."

She said she would like to help in the fields of breast cancer her grandmother had breast cancer or multiple sclerosis. Her father's mother suffers from that disease.

She thought she might get toy companies to build a kind of Paris Hilton playhouse, where sick children might come, and the toy companies could donate toys.

She has had a person whom she described as a spiritual adviser who said, "My spirit or soul did not like the way I was being seen and that is why I was sent to jail."

Annie
6.12.07, 1:11 PM
From CBS News:
Although her stint in jail has been traumatic for heiress Paris Hilton, she at least has something to look forward to. Her father, Rick Hilton is reportedly planning a huge bash for her impending release.

The New York Post reports that Rick Hilton was looking for a venue for a party for his oldest daughter. He asked several Las Vegas clubs for $50,000 in cash in addition to accommodations and flights for the honor of hosting the party.

mtj
6.12.07, 3:35 PM
Glory be, she has seen the light!
And huh? what? The clubs have to pay HIM? How do I sign up for that gig?

mtj
6.13.07, 9:15 AM
Oh, now Mommy and Daddy get special visiting privileges while everyone else visiting their loved ones had to wait.

Ry
6.14.07, 11:55 PM
Good grief. So much for the big turn around. LOL