PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stop

Tiggermom
5.7.08, 4:01 PM
Okay, here's this week's Pit Stop questions:

1. Would you like to see more or less road course races? Why?

2. Is there a track you would like to see back on the schedule?

3. Which do you prefer night racing or day racing? Why?

4. If you could have dinner with one driver, who is not your favorite, who would it be and why?

5. Tell us about a stand-out race memory for you.

TaylorHicksFan
5.9.08, 3:17 PM
Okay, here's this week's Pit Stop questions:

1. Would you like to see more or less road course races? Why? I like the number we have now so my answer would be no more and no less. Sometimes they can be very boring. I can't even imagine attending one. JMHO

2. Is there a track you would like to see back on the schedule? Well it hasn't been taken off of the schedule but Darlington lost a race and is in danger of losing the one it has left. I would hate to see that happen as it is right out my backdoor. We are going tomorrow and I am really excited. I have been to Busch (now Nationwide) races there but never a Cup (Sprint) race.

3. Which do you prefer night racing or day racing? Why? I don't really have a preference if I am watching it on television. I have found when you attend them in person the night races are much more exciting.

4. If you could have dinner with one driver, who is not your favorite, who would it be and why? I think this would be Elliot Sadler. I would just love to sit there and listen to him talk (love his accent). He seems to be such a great person! Runner up would definitely be Carl Edwards.
5. Tell us about a stand-out race memory for you. Well I will give you my stand out in person memory and my stand out on television memory.
In Person Memory - It's a tie but it was the same race I believe. I am thinking it was the All Star race last year. Boris Said got t-boned right in front of us. It was the closest I have been to a wreck like that. He was okay, climbed out of the car and all the fans cheered and stood for him. He was very appreciative. That same race the Busch brothers wrecked each other. That was so awesome to watch them take each other out!!!
On Television Memory: Hands down, Ryan Newman winning the Daytona 500 this year. I can't wait to go to Daytona this summer and see his car!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiggermom
5.26.08, 2:01 PM
I guess it's about time I answered my own pit stop questions. lol

I agree with you, THF, I used to hate road races, but I've grown to enjoy them a bit and think we have just the right amount of them.

I think it would be a shame to lose darlington also. I would like to see rockingham back on the schedule, both for the tradition of it and for the racing.

I like both day and night racing, but there does seem to be an extra air of excitement surrounding night races. I really like that they do a night race mother's day weekend now.

I would love to have dinner with the Walteip brothers. They're both funny, smart, have been around a long time and know a lot about the history of the sport, and they're both family men,smart business men and very importantly, they're both men of faith, I would love to have them over for a family dinner.

I think one of my all time stand out memories was Jr's daytona 500 win! His Daytona victory in July 2001 and him and Mikey on top of their cars celebrating! That was awesome!! But other than that, I remember when I first really took notice of Jr, he got his nose under Mikey's car and pushed him past everyone else and I went wow! Then I started watching him drive and found he was an awesome driver! The rest is history! lol!

Coffenut
5.30.08, 5:03 PM
It' s fine as it is. They are kind of boring and i don't like the hired guns they bring in to race

Rockingham

3. Which do you prefer night racing or day racing? Why?
Night time. it's just more exciting and you can just make a night of it with friends and good food.

4. If you could have dinner with one driver, who is not your favorite, who would it be and why?
Dale Junior. The reason is I want to give him a great big hug and tell him it's all gonna be alright and he did the right thing.And that his daddy would propably approve of his decicions.

Well that would be the day Michael Waltrip won the Daytona 500 and his brother wept tears of joy. We all know those tears later turned into tears of sorrow over Dale Earnhardts passing.It was just such a historic moment and showed how fast joy can turn to sorrow. It's just a moment nobody will ever forget I think.

shortness
6.3.08, 3:00 PM

2 road courses is plenty for me. I generally watch them in FFWD.

THE ROCK!

3. Which do you prefer night racing or day racing (http://amazon.com/gp/product/B0002QO3NC?ie=UTF8&tag=w3pgcoffeeroomss&link_code=em1&camp=212341&creative=384057&creativeASIN=B0002QO3NC&adid=76054037-522e-4d2f-b4c8-f0098c449cac)? Why?

Night racing, especially in the summer. I am more apt to be able to sit & watch the whole race if it's on in the evening. Summer Sunday afternoons are spent at the lake!

Since Jr is not my favorite I could have dinner with him. I do love his laid back, tell-it-like-it-is attitude. Or I could dine with E.Sadler just b/c I think he's delicious! Or how about Kyle Busch & I can serve him some de-con for dessert (just kidding)!

Dale Sr's first Daytona 500 win. All the teams lined up on pit road to give their congrats - a great showing of the class of this sport.