PDA

View Full Version : So answer me this John & Marlena fans?

crazydazy
6.6.07, 8:18 PM
Is EJ more important than John and Marlena?
Why is DOOL obsessed with EJ and having him in almost EVERY scene on Days anyway? Do you think it's because he is cute and has an accent?
If you had to choose between EJ and John, who would it be?

hatekate
6.6.07, 9:46 PM
Why is DOOL obsessed with EJ and having him in almost EVERY scene on Days anyway? Do you think it's because he is cute and has an accent?

Considering this is directed to John and Marlena fans, I would assume the vote would go to John. Besides the fact that John's been on this show for decades. I would say John but do understand that at some time the torch is always passed down. I'm guessing Alice, Doug, Julie, Mickey, Maggie, Caroline, Victor, Shawn Sr etc fans weren't anxious to see them get pushed to the shadows. However, I think J&M are as interesting as ever and will stay in the front until the soap goes down. J&M are the supercouple of Days

La Mariposa
6.6.07, 11:25 PM

EJ is not more important than John and Marlena
I have no idea why DOOL is obsessed with him, but I hate it.
He's not even that cute.
Definitely John.

liljeannee
6.7.07, 1:29 AM
J&M are the supercouple of Days

They are now, definitely. But before they were, there was Tom and Alice... So I think it's always going to get passed on down the line, as the generations grow older. I think J&M have a lot more story to tell, but I think at this point, their interactions with their families are the best ones to work with. Let them be together, helping their families and working on adventures together.

GingerP
6.7.07, 6:36 AM
I have no use for EJ and would choose John and Marlena over any other characters on the show. I do know that EJ seems to have some pretty loud fans behind him.

hatekate
6.7.07, 9:53 AM
They are now, definitely. But before they were, there was Tom and Alice... So I think it's always going to get passed on down the line, as the generations grow older. I think J&M have a lot more story to tell, but I think at this point, their interactions with their families are the best ones to work with. Let them be together, helping their families and working on adventures together.

Exactly....I was watching old clips of J&M from 1991 last night and that was their big child rearing days. Unless they adopt or something, those moments don't come up again. Besides....in all seriousness, there isn't a whole hell of a lot that hasn't already been done. They dominated for years and I can't imagine what else there is to cover besides cancer or terminal illness'. Has breast cancer or other cancer's been covered in this show? From the time I've watched (1992-now), I don't remember cancer

Jiggs
6.7.07, 8:07 PM

I hate EJ. The show obviously thinks he's all that.

Texas
6.7.07, 9:21 PM
Willow was more important than EJ to me, so EJ isn't in the same league with John and Marlena. I think KC is trying to have a soap to sell to another network 2008/2009 in order to sell the show he's going to have to sell the show without his highest paid actors. That being said, Lumi,EJ,Shelle,Phil,Chick and Payla have proven with the ratings and the negativity across the net viewers aren't interested in seeing them without the vets.

KC is stuck between a rock and hard plate, he needs to sell his show to do this he needs to get ratings and to get ratings he needs John/Marlena written well fb. But getting ratings with J/M wont help him sell the show because I doubt the ratings will be high enough for a network to sign them on.

Lets not forget Hogie couldn't write a story worth watching if they paid him.

dee_ann
6.7.07, 11:53 PM
I think that this is an unfair use of the word important. Your comparing the value of your favorite character to the worth of a good story. The ratings are going up. We are seeing our favorites on screen. And the story is interesting. Atleast it has my attention. I feel it's more important to see a good story done well by whomever, than a bad story written just to keep my favorites central to the plot. If done right I can see the potential in this one to actually pull many of the past DiMera storylines together in a way that I don't think many people have even considered. Everyone who has ever been a part of it (including John) could be deeply effected by whatever happens here, leaving room for some very powerful must see scenes.

Jiggs
6.8.07, 1:59 AM

Sorry, but Tom and Alice were NEVER a supercouple.LOL

Jiggs
6.8.07, 2:01 AM
Exactly....I was watching old clips of J&M from 1991 last night and that was their big child rearing days. Unless they adopt or something, those moments don't come up again. Besides....in all seriousness, there isn't a whole hell of a lot that hasn't already been done. They dominated for years and I can't imagine what else there is to cover besides cancer or terminal illness'. Has breast cancer or other cancer's been covered in this show? From the time I've watched (1992-now), I don't remember cancer

I don't want to see a cancer story. How depressing. I watch Days for romance and adventure. And sorry that you seem to think J&M are ready for terminal cancer stories. :( Although you do know that people of all ages get cancer, right? :confused:

hatekate
6.8.07, 12:00 PM
I don't want to see a cancer story. How depressing. I watch Days for romance and adventure. And sorry that you seem to think J&M are ready for terminal cancer stories. :( Although you do know that people of all ages get cancer, right? :confused:

But of course I know that - all too well actually. However, I think Deidre is the one woman on this show who would rock that storyline and get awards for it. My comment was saying they are the only ones who could do it and move people.

hatekate
6.8.07, 12:04 PM
I think that this is an unfair use of the word important. Your comparing the value of your favorite character to the worth of a good story. The ratings are going up. We are seeing our favorites on screen. And the story is interesting. Atleast it has my attention. I feel it's more important to see a good story done well by whomever, than a bad story written just to keep my favorites central to the plot. If done right I can see the potential in this one to actually pull many of the past DiMera storylines together in a way that I don't think many people have even considered. Everyone who has ever been a part of it (including John) could be deeply effected by whatever happens here, leaving room for some very powerful must see scenes.

Very refreshing statement! I, too, see a lot of hope for the show and am currently enjoying it. I love that more characters are being used and see many possibilities. We are the odd ones out on this however :( Anyway, keep enjoying Days - I know I am!