PDA

View Full Version : Too Many New Characters

hatekate
6.5.07, 8:56 AM
Is it just me or are there WAY too many new characters this last year? I like the current storylines but find myself getting tired of seeing the same people on screen all the time. My resolution would be to give the vets their own storylines and EQUAL screen time. I don't want anyone back burnered but would enjoy them getting rid of all the newest actors, get rid of the new ones that don't work (stephanie comes to mind here) get rid of older ones that aren't ever going to get their own storylines (maggie comes to mind here) and use that budget to get J&M, B&H, Victor, etc back on the screen doing something useful not just playing second fiddle. I would enjoy the current storylines better if they weren't on everyday. When I first started watching Days, one day would have XXX characters on and the next would be YYY, etc....not this crap of making everyone sick of characters while the others go neglected for 6 months. It's called balance Sheffer, in case you were wondering

aura
6.5.07, 12:07 PM
I agree totally but I think since KC probably will start maketing Days to other sources in the fall, I think he tried an experiment and it blew up in his face, BIG TIME!
Stupidly, imho, he thought Payla, S/L, B/S & the newbies could get good ratings
and he didn't need the high salaried vets!
You must get terribly disappointed making so many mistakes, time after time, Mr. Corday!

Jiggs
6.5.07, 1:43 PM
Days has had a bloated cast for too many years now. Every time they get rid of some characters, they add more in their place. I don't recognize this show anymore.

Jiggs
6.5.07, 1:44 PM
I agree totally but I think since KC probably will start maketing Days to other sources in the fall, I think he tried an experiment and it blew up in his face, BIG TIME!
Stupidly, imho, he thought Payla, S/L, B/S & the newbies could get good ratings
and he didn't need the high salaried vets!
You must get terribly disappointed making so many mistakes, time after time, Mr. Corday!

LOL, aura! If he wasn't so hot to get himself an EMMY he wouldn't have hired Hogan Sheffer, who had no business coming to this show. He should have hired Sheri Anderson!!!!

hatekate
6.5.07, 2:09 PM
Hey Jiggs - where does Sheri Anderson currently work? Is she writing for anybody right now and why don't you think they ever hired her to begin with? Also, not to be a bother but what were her storylines and timeframe? Thanks for your time

D00L1Fan
6.5.07, 2:29 PM
I guess I'm the off beat one here today. I actually like the Kayla/Steve story so far. I mean, I like the acting and how they interact with each other. I am disappointed that Steve is off the deep end (but it ties into the whole DiMera thing)and it keeps him and Kayla from truly reuniting. I have no problems with the new Stephanie. Not yet anyway. Although the current storylines are a bit long and stagnant, I really only hate the PhilBelSha one at the moment. Bring Claire back, let Shawn & Belle be together, get rid of Phillip ( The character leaves or something) or bring back the serogate who is having his child or has had it by now. That would be interesting to me. And give Adrienne some face time. Since every other character who is directly involved with the DiMera/Brady fued will get plenty of story this summer, the ones who arent invovled should have something in the mix that is good not boring and shocking/twisted without being weird and stupid.

Brookie
6.5.07, 7:05 PM
i can't stand stephanie what a skank!That red head was better That blonde guy what a jerk he needs to get real.Jett seemed ok.

nowmd04
6.5.07, 7:19 PM
I don't think the new Stephanie is right for the part, I also hate
that they did away with Willow, I think she added alot to the show, and I hate all the old
soap stars they are bringing back, they are boring, Sami, I am very tired of!!! And I am glad we aren't seeing that much of John & Marlena?

hops
6.5.07, 9:32 PM
Is it just me or are there WAY too many new characters this last year? I like the current storylines but find myself getting tired of seeing the same people on screen all the time. My resolution would be to give the vets their own storylines and EQUAL screen time. I don't want anyone back burnered but would enjoy them getting rid of all the newest actors, get rid of the new ones that don't work (stephanie comes to mind here) get rid of older ones that aren't ever going to get their own storylines (maggie comes to mind here) and use that budget to get J&M, B&H, Victor, etc back on the screen doing something useful not just playing second fiddle. I would enjoy the current storylines better if they weren't on everyday. When I first started watching Days, one day would have XXX characters on and the next would be YYY, etc....not this crap of making everyone sick of characters while the others go neglected for 6 months. It's called balance Sheffer, in case you were wonderingI know it' been a big turn off for me. I haven't watched much at all since February. I tuned back in last week to see John and Marlena and enjoyed seeing them and Bope in scenes together. I wish John and Marlena had gotten more of a real reunion first before John went after the bad guys though. I want my romance! lol. I saw a bit of last Thurs or Fridays show and saw a bit of the beach scene crowd and had no idea or was even tempted to figure out what was going on. Hope to see much more of John and Marlena this summer!