PDA

View Full Version : So what was the purpose of

vickych
2.8.08, 4:10 PM
stealing Belle, Claire and attempting Brady? Stefano didn't know about Santos being John's dad. Are we supposed to think that John was a threat to them? Just don't get the drama
V

D00L1Fan
2.8.08, 5:36 PM
In my opinion, Colleen had every intent of going after Stefano with guns blazing so to speak. She tried desperately to make sure everyone she loved was safe first. I think once she found out where her son had been all of these years and what had happened with him she felt the need to step in and finally take care of Stefano. Unfortunately, her age, her health and limited resources prevented her from this.

When she spoke to Marlena before she died, she said she was glad to know Marlena had stepped up and was watching over the family. It was almost handing over the torch to me.

I have to say, Shirley Jones has done a great job. I truly enjoyed her on the show and I wish she ( Colleen) could have stayed longer. At least until her son had his memory back and could experience what it is like to have a mothers love. And with Shawn (John's uncle) about to die, it is ashame that all of the memories he could have shared with John are leaving with him.

KrisMich
2.8.08, 6:09 PM
I've enjoyed Shirley Jones' role too. I wish she could have gone back to Salem with them and had a longer stint on the show. It really would have been nice to see her and Sami meet being that they are look-alikes.

CardBoardCopy
2.9.08, 11:02 AM
I wasn't thrilled with Colleen handing the torch to Marlena, when she should have handed the torch to a Brady.

D00L1Fan
2.9.08, 11:11 AM
Well, I don't know if you like the way Marlena is being written these days Card, but admittedly, Marlena would literally give her life for John. Colleen knows how much Marlena loves him, would stand by him and help him no matter what. It was kind of befitting in a way, to me. Especially if they (DAYS) keeps Marlena strong and smart. Instead of weak and confused.

CardBoardCopy
2.9.08, 11:14 AM
Well, I don't know if you like the way Marlena is being written these days Card, but admittedly, Marlena would literally give her life for John. Colleen knows how much Marlena loves him, would stand by him and help him no matter what. It was kind of befitting in a way, to me. Especially if they (DAYS) keeps Marlena strong and smart. Instead of weak and confused.The problem is, Marlena's life isn't the only one on the line here. He could have easily killed Colleen and anyone else's who was in the way of his mission, but Marlena didn't care. It was all about her and what SHE thinks is right.

D00L1Fan
2.9.08, 11:20 AM
I'll politely disagree. This is how I see it. It's one of those things where if John hadn't come close to completing his mission, he would forever focus on it and stay under Stefanos spell so to speak. Marlena needed to let John get close to his mission ( which he did). Of Marlena would do her best to make sure he wouldn't actually kill anyone. Once John got close, he consciously made a choice not to complete his mission. This in some way release's Stefano's hold and Marlena can now get him to focus on his recovery. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone, but that's just my opinion.

CardBoardCopy
2.9.08, 11:23 AM
I'll politely disagree. This is how I see it. It's one of those things where if John hadn't come close to completing his mission, he would forever focus on it and stay under Stefanos spell so to speak. Marlena needed to let John get close to his mission ( which he did). Of Marlena would do her best to make sure he wouldn't actually kill anyone. Once John got close, he consciously made a choice not to complete his mission. This in some way release's Stefano's hold and Marlena can now get him to focus on his recovery. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone, but that's just my opinion.But this is the same woman who told Kayla to insitute Steve because he couldn't be trusted because of how Stefano scrambled his brains.
Marlena is assuming she can control John, but she learned when her head hit the door, that she can't.
John didn't kill Colleen because he found out she was his mother, not because Marlena stopped him.

D00L1Fan
2.9.08, 11:46 AM
You are right, Marlena thinks John could never hurt her. Him slamming her against the door proves otherwise. She knows this John is not her John and it will take a lot more mental strength than physical strength to get through to him.

John didn't kill Colleen because she is his mother. True, but even after knowing that he still tried. His conscious got to him. The John we know has a conscious. Seeing John show a glimmer of emotion when he saw the ghosts of his father and mother reunited is a shadow of the John we know.

Wasn't Marlena telling Kayla to put Steve in an institute a last resort measure? Wasn't Kayla afraid that Steve's erratic outbursts was going to get him shot and killed or worse, he was going to kill someone or himself? Did Kayla think she could help Steve like Marlena thinks she can help John? Is Marlena too cocky and over confident for her own good?