PDA

View Full Version : Gone Baby Gone

D00L1Fan
1.28.08, 5:20 AM
Ok, I finally saw this movie. I thought the movie was very good overall. I enjoyed the different plot twists which were unexpected to me. What I didn't expect would be to face a moral dilemma the movie poses. Those who have seen it, will know what I am talking about.

I went from absolutely rooting for Patrick (Casey Afflecks character) to do the right thing, to feeling maybe the right thing was not doing what he did based on how the movie ended. Even as I write this, I can't help but feel torn between what's right right, and what's wrong right.

( I sound a bit crazy but for those who saw the movie should pick up on what I mean.)

I guess for any of us, maybe we don't know what decision we would make until we are in that ( Patrick's) situation. More or less it is a crap shoot, you take your chances. Until we see how a persons life turns out, we couldn't possibly know the outcome of a decision made years before.

This movie is all thumbs up from me.

I would love to hear some input about this from members who saw this movie. Thanks.

PLOT OUTLINE courtesy of IMDB.COM:
Based on the Dennis Lehane novel about two Boston area detectives investigating a little girl's kidnapping, which ultimately turns into a crisis both professionally and personally.