PDA

View Full Version : Your personal OSCAR picks.....

D00L1Fan
1.21.08, 12:56 PM
Geez, we may not even have an Oscar show this year but I still have some picks of my own based on what Ive seen so far.

The Great Debaters, No Country for Old Men, There will be Blood & Atonement are my top 4.

I want to see Gone Baby Gone ( which I heard is very good).

I would love to see everyone else's list or picks...

buffalogal
1.21.08, 7:13 PM
I haven't seen Atonement or There Will Be Blood yet, but based on what I have seen, here are my thoughts:

Best Picture: No Country For Old Men, Eastern Promises, The Bourne Ultimatum (It will never happen...I know), Michael Clayton, and There Will Be Blood (even though I haven't seen it, I know it will be awesome!)...maybe Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

Best Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman for Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, George Clooney for Michael Clayton, Daniel Day Lewis for There Will Be Blood (I'm sure he's a lock), Viggo Mortenson for Eastern Promises, and Johnny Depp for Sweeney Todd.

Best Actress: Ellen Page for Juno (she was the best part of that movie for me)...as for others, I don't know. I haven't seen most of the movies that people are picking for Best Actress nods (Julie Christie in Away from Her, Marion Cotillard in La Vie en Rose, Laura Linney in The Savages, etc.)...so I don't know here.

P.S. I saw Gone Baby Gone. I actually really liked it up until about 20 minutes or so from the end. It took a turn that just lost me in terms of believability. It was actually so bad that it made me hate the rest of the movie. But Amy Ryan and Casey Affleck give really good performances.

D00L1Fan
1.21.08, 11:49 PM
Eastern Promises!!!!!!!!!!! How could I forget that one. I LOVED that movie. There it is, my 5th pick. Geez...I can't believe I forgot about it.

Now I have to see Gone baby Gone just to know what you are talking about..lol

It would be something if Before the Devil knows your Dead were to be nominated. I didn't add it to my list because I don't think the Oscars would have it on theirs. But it is good enough to be there I'm sure.

As far as Daniel Day Lewis, he was nuts enough in There will be blood for an Oscar nod. I do mean nuts. Between him, Javier Bardem, Viggo Mortenson and Denzel Washington, I wouldn't know who to choose as Best Actor.

The Noms will be out soon, we ought to post our picks from the list here and see who gets the most wins..should be fun.

D00L1Fan
1.24.08, 2:22 PM
Best Picture
"No Country For Old Men"
Best Actress
Cate Blanchett, "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"
Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis, "There Will Be Blood"
Viggo Mortensen, "Eastern Promises"
( I can't decide)
Best Supporting Actress
Saorise Ronan, "Atonement"
Best Supporting Actor
Javier Bardem, "No Country for Old Men"
Best Director
Paul Thomas Anderson, "There Will Be Blood"
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"
(I can't decide)
Best Original Screenplay
Brad Bird, Jan Pinkava, Jim Capobianco, "Ratatouille"
Best Adapted Screenplay
Paul Thomas Anderson, "There Will Be Blood"
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"
Christopher Hampton, "Atonement"
(Grrrr...)
Best Foreign Language Film
"Katyn"
Best Animated Feature
"Ratatouille"
Best Documentary Feature
"Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience"
Best Cinematography
Seamus McGarvey, "Atonement"
Best Editing
Roderick Jaynes, "No Country for Old Men"
Dylan Tichenor, "There Will Be Blood"
( Again, a hard one)
Best Art Direction
"Atonement"
Best Original Score
Dario Marianelli, "Atonement"
Best Original Song
"Raise It Up," from "August Rush"
Best Costume Design
"Atonement"
Best Makeup
"La Vie en Rose"
Best Sound Editing
"There Will Be Blood"
Best Sound Mixing
No Country for Old Men"
Best Visual Effects
"Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End"

ELANA
1.28.08, 2:15 PM
I'm surprised that Love in the time of Cholera was snubbed. Bardem was amazing in that.