PDA

View Full Version : how is everyone?

Tiggermom
12.28.07, 2:36 AM
Heyladies! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Hope you're all enjoying the holiday season and are healthy.
Anyone get anything nascar related for Christmas? This was the first year I didn't get anything Jr related.
If you have a chance to pop in and update us on what's new.
Thf-how's your daughter? Shortness-how's the girls?
How's everyone else?
We're good here,everyone has colds but other than that we're good. Hope to hear from you all soon.

TaylorHicksFan
1.6.08, 7:01 PM
Hi Tigger and everyone else.....things here aren't too bad. My daughter is doing better. She was in the hospital for about a week. When she got out she went back to school. She was hanging out with a group of girls that I didn't really approve of but she is 17 and will be 18 in 13 days so what can you do really? Anyway, she cut school the Friday before Christmas break and her brother promptly told on her when he got in the car (he isn't really a tattle tale but was scared to death something could have happened to her that day). That was the last straw for me. Over that weekend it was decided that the kids would go live with my Mom again. They lived with her their freshman year in high school when my son was attacked at the high school here where we live. They made good grades, had friends that we approved of and stayed out of trouble! My Mom lives in a very small town which lends itself to less troublemaking. Patrick didn't have to go but he wants to be where his sister is.
Anyway, long story short (which it really isn't at this point) things seem to be better. We had a good Christmas and are planning a ski trip this weekend with my whole family (my mom, my brother and his family, my other brother, and my sister).
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and shortness did as well (did she have her baby? I have been so absent from the boards that I need to look and see if there is a post about that).
I will try to keep up with the boards more now that the holidays are behind me!

Tiggermom
2.17.08, 12:34 AM
Hey thf, sorry I missed responding to this, I thought I had. I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing better, I know it had to be hard to have her move back to your moms but you did the right thing getting her away from the wrong people. How is she doing now that she's turned 18? It's a tough age, especially when they're going through tough times. It's hard when all you can do is pray. But then you realize better they're in his hands after all. :-)
Anyway, I hope things are still continuing to improve for your whole family. Hope your ski trip was a blast! I've never been and doubt at this point in my life that I'll be taking it up! lol
Hope life is settled enough for you to get to enjoy the new season.