PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - A Positive Spin

mtj
10.6.17, 12:29 PM
Five Ways To Feel Better And Some Questions Related To Them.
(Inspired by a week where I have found myself fed up with just about everything and everyone)

1. Crank the tunes. What kind of music puts you in a better mood?

2. Write it down. Do you keep a journal? Or just sit down and "write it out" when you have things on your mind?

3. Get outside. How much time to you spend outside?

4. Make a gratitude list. How often do you express gratitude?

5. Help someone else. What have you done lately to assist someone you care about?

Weekend plans?

KrisMich
10.6.17, 1:35 PM
1. Crank the tunes. What kind of music puts you in a better mood?
Good old 70's music is always something I cheer up to. I burned a CD that I keep in my car of my favorites and I listen to it often. And, of course, Il Divo music always makes me happy. Sometimes when I'm anxious here at home while working, I put on soft instrumental music, often praise and worship songs.

2. Write it down. Do you keep a journal? Or just sit down and "write it out" when you have things on your mind?
I started keeping a journal last year and I enjoy writing in it. I usually do it at night before I go to bed. I often write when I need to voice something. I also have a word file on my computer when I need to write during the day. It really helps.

3. Get outside. How much time to you spend outside?
Not as much as I would like. It's cooler now and love to sit on the porch or walk around my yard in the early mornings or evenings. Sadly, my allergies prevent too much time outside.

4. Make a gratitude list. How often do you express gratitude?
In daily my prayers. Thanksgiving is usually the first thing I do when I pray. I also write down my "blessings" in my journal.

5. Help someone else. What have you done lately to assist someone you care about?
I've mentioned that my cousin lost her husband suddenly at Christmas of last year. She is really struggling and I make it a point to be there for her as much as I can. I'll invite her along when I have to go run errands to one of the cities nearby. I have dinner with her often and make it a point to talk with her before I go to bed each night. She's so lonely and even though I'm very busy and tired at night, I know how much she looks forward to our nightly chats. She and her husband were there for me when I lost my mom, so I want to be there for her too.

Weekend plans? I have an all day church retreat tomorrow that I'm looking forward to. And, I'll be watching my Dodgers in the NLDS. ​Go Blue!!!!

Mike
10.6.17, 6:15 PM
Five Ways To Feel Better And Some Questions Related To Them.
(Inspired by a week where I have found myself fed up with just about everything and everyone)

1. Crank the tunes. What kind of music puts you in a better mood? It's probably going to be some Beatles, some Beach Boys, or Aretha.

2. Write it down. Do you keep a journal? Or just sit down and "write it out" when you have things on your mind? Wow. No I don't often wish I had, but, sadly, no.

3. Get outside. How much time to you spend outside? Out for a walk almost every day. These days out on the bit of the Appalachian Trail that is near our town (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Appalachian+Trail+%26+MNRR+Station/@41.5864749,-73.5938964,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x6e41a7fc4b2dc6e!8m2!3d41.592 843!4d-73.58796).

4. Make a gratitude list. How often do you express gratitude? I try to do it constantly, for just about everything. When folks email me with computer questions, I say "thanks".

5. Help someone else. What have you done lately to assist someone you care about? Did I mention computer questions? Just helped a new "friend," closing in on 90, figure out the easiest way for her to write a remembrance of someone.

Weekend plans?Visit Mom in A.L., then chili beans(!) and finish the latest OITNB season.

mtj
10.6.17, 6:35 PM
Kris, have I mentioned lately what an amazing person I think you are?
Thanks for hanging out on Five For Friday with me.

KrisMich
10.6.17, 8:29 PM
Why, thanks, mtj! I enjoy these questions each week and have for many years. Thank you for posting them.