PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - End Of Summer Blues

mtj
8.18.17, 5:55 AM
1. How often do you swim?

2. Do you can or freeze any of the fresh fruits and vegetables of summer?

3. What is your idea of the perfect ice cold drink on a hot day?

4. When was the last time you were sunburned?

5. Name a beach you love. Why?

Weekend plans?

KrisMich
8.18.17, 11:32 AM
Hardly ever anymore. I don't have access to a pool and none of our gyms here in town have one.

No, but it's funny you mention it. I have been wanting to start canning. My Grandma used to can just about everything from our garden. We also had a peach tree and she canned peaches each year too.

A cherry limeade from Sonic.

Two weeks ago. We went to the beach and I only had sunscreen on my face. It was overcast and I didn't think about it much, but my arms and the area around my shirt collar got it.

Morro Bay/Cayucos, CA. There is a little beach area that I love. It's in between Morro Bay and Cayucos. You can drive right to the sand area, there is a restroom off of the parking lot and it's rarely crowded there. This is the beach that my family has always gone to. It's clean, and not a long walk to the shore. I just have a lot of happy memories at that beach with friends and family.

Weekend plans? My community band is playing at Pismo Beach tomorrow for a Portuguese Festa. We did it last year and it was so much fun. They serve us lunch and it's a spread, a steak dinner. After we play, we go to the pier and beach area and hang out for a couple of hours. My group of friends and I will go have some clam chowder before we head home. There is a place in Pismo that is very popular for it's chowder.

Mike
8.19.17, 10:48 AM
Alas; total emersion is no longer on my agenda.

Corn and grapes. Annie freezes grapes -- preferably small, sweet, red -- for frozen treats. They're great!

Sun tea! No sugar, no lemon -- just cold, cold tea.

Can't remember. Many years ago.

Seal Beach, CA. Why?... the memories.

Weekend plans?
Bingeing "Orphan Black -- the Final Trip", and chili beans.