PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - The Music Of Your Life

mtj
7.21.17, 6:30 AM
1. What instrument would you like to learn to play?

2. What style of music doesn't appeal to you?

3. What is one of the best concerts you've been to?

4. What currently popular musician do you think is very talented?
Why?

5. What movie about music or musicians did you enjoy?

Weekend plans?

Mike
7.21.17, 11:20 AM
Piano. Started several times, almost got someplace with it.

Current country-pop, any super-processed pop. Too compressed for my old ears.

Oh; my -- so many! I'd guess that Rod Stewart, back in the day. Annie told me that he would amaze, and he did!

Why?
Oh my -- so many! Bruno Mars, Rebekah Del Rio, Elle King, Wyclef! Really torn here. Going to go with Wyclef Jean for my choice today.
All of these folks are versatile and observant of the world around them. Mr. Jean is the king: love, joy, and versatility.

Most recent: "Straight Outta Compton". Another long list. Next is "Love and Mercy".

Weekend plans?
Pasta salad and Netflix!
(Annie makes a great pasta salad. umm)

Great questions, MTJ. As always, thanks for asking.

KrisMich
7.21.17, 12:36 PM
Drums. (A drum set). I originally wanted to take drums when I first started band, but my mom wouldn't let me. So, I took the clarinet. But, I still would love to sit at a drum set and play. Other than clarinet, I have taken lessons on the oboe, saxophone, flute, french horn and piano.

RAP! Ugh! If you can call that music. I don't like hard metal either.

By far, Andrea Bocelli at the Hollywood Bowl. But, the funnest concert had to be Earth, Wind and Fire. They put on an excellent show.

Why?
Bruno Mars. He's got it all. A great voice, a great dancer and he's an entertainer. He'll be here in November and I so wish I could go to the concert. It sold out within minutes.

Selena, La Bamba and I also enjoyed Jersey Boys.

Weekend plans I have friends from Minnesota stopping by tomorrow on their way to visit family in CA. Then, on Sunday, my family in going on a day trip to visit with family out of town.

Mike
7.21.17, 7:46 PM
"[In addition to] clarinet, I have taken lessons on the oboe, saxophone, flute, french horn and piano."

WOW! Do you still play them all?

BTW: you have my permission to search Craig's List for a drum set, and go to it! Post pictures!

KrisMich
7.21.17, 11:20 PM
Mike, I only play the clarinet now. I have played it for 45 years (since I was 10) and still play in two community bands. I enjoy it so much. I do play my piano, but not as much as I'd like to. I wish I would have kept up with the oboe though. Many orchestras around here always need them. One day, I will have a drum set. It's on my bucket list.