PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - Here Comes Peter Cottontail

mtj
4.14.17, 5:46 AM
1. Many people observe Lent by not eating meat on Fridays.
What is your favorite "non-meat" meal?

2. If you were invited to someone's home for an Easter or Passover
celebration, what would you bring as a hostess gift?

3. Is there a kind of Easter candy that is a tradition in your family?

4. Have you ever colored Easter eggs in a "non-traditonal" way?

5. The heart of most Spring-time religious rites is "new beginnings".
What new beginnings are you hoping for this year?

Weekend plans?

Happy Easter, Passover or whatever you celebrate.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/smilies/icotbasket.gif

Agent99
4.14.17, 12:09 PM
Spaghetti!!

For Easter a lovely flowering plant. For Passover a nice bottle of wine.

Peeps, of course. I prefer malted milk ball eggs that get chalk all over your lips.

No. I always fall back on the PAAS.

Agent 86 retired so we're hoping to do a lot of things we haven't been able to do - like travel.

Weekend plans?
Looking forward to Easter dinner with my family on Sunday. Coloring eggs tomorrow!

mtj
4.14.17, 7:55 PM
Spaghetti, in my house always involves meat, usually Italian sausage.

Our traditional Easter candy is Russell Stover marshmallow eggs.
While I was shopping for Easter things, I was next to a man who said to his wife, "Oh! Mary Sue. You have to get Mary Sue."
In my opinion, Mary Sue Easter candy is the absolute worst.

We always fall back on traditional egg dying too, but I am always curious about how people deviate from that norm.

As for new beginnings, I am still hoping for the winning lottery ticket so I don't have to keep working long past my "retirement" age has come and gone.

Agent99
4.14.17, 9:00 PM
What is Mary Sue candy? Never heard of it.

KrisMich
4.15.17, 12:03 AM
I'm one that doesn't eat meat on Fridays. I do quite a few things that don't involve eating fish on Fridays too. One of my favorite meals is cheese raviolis or mac n cheese.

A nice flowering plant.

Not really. But, many of my friend's kids have fund raisers this time of year and sell Easter candy from See's Candy. I love their chocolate buttercream eggs. I didn't get one this year though.

Nope. Still use the store bought dye.

Peace in my life. It has been a wild roller coaster and I'm ready to get off and enjoy more of life without all the drama, death and sadness that has plagued my life the last few years.

Weekend plans? I was off today and ran away by myself to the beach for the day. I just got home and it was wonderful. I only told two of my friends where I was in case of an emergency, but none of the drama queens in my life knew anything about it. Otherwise, they would have ruined my day. It felt good to be free.

Tomorrow, my community band is playing the national anthem at our minor league baseball team's game. And on Sunday, church and then Easter dinner at a friend's house.

mtj
4.15.17, 6:17 AM
Kris, I am so glad you got a day by yourself at the beach. You deserved it. I wish you many more days like that.
Whoever said that God never gives us more than we can handle must have led a charmed life. I see people struggling with more than they can handle all the time.
Also, See's candy is wonderful. I order from them sometimes, especially around St. Patrick's Day. They are the only place I can find that sells foil wrapped, shamrock shaped chocolates.

Agent, Mary Sue candies are like Palmer candies. They have been around at Easter time since I was a kid, but it's really low-rent, bad tasting chocolate.

KrisMich
4.15.17, 2:22 PM
Thanks, Mtj! I'm hoping to take at least one Saturday per month to get away by myself. Even if it's just a day of shopping or taking a drive in the foothills. I think that may be my next adventure. A picnic lunch up in Three Rivers and a trip to my favorite ice cream shop. :o

http://reimerscandies.com/