PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - Household Stuff

mtj
3.24.17, 12:29 PM
1. Name something you keep meaning to get rid of and then keep
at the last moment.

2. Do you ever shop at yard sales or tag sales?
If so, what is a good buy you got at one.

3. How do you organize your closets? (Shelve, organizers, etc)

4. What is under your bed? (Besides dust bunnies)

5. What do you keep on shelves besides books?

Weekend plans?

Mike
3.24.17, 12:43 PM
1. Name something you keep meaning to get rid of and then keep at the last moment.
Old laptops. Enough computer junk to make my poor wife crazy.

2. Do you ever shop at yard sales or tag sales? If so, what is a good buy you got at one.
Used to all the time, but realized that I keep bringing stuff home!

Best yard sale purchase ever: a complete set of mid-century clear glass dishes and bowls that we've been using for 20+ years.

Close the door.

Cats and an old Autoharp. Shhh.

Name it; it's on a shelf somewhere. Current place of honor on shelf in breakfast area: Amazon Echo. "Alexa, what up?"

Weekend plans?
Visit Mom at assisted living, then Netflix and ... whatever.

KrisMich
3.24.17, 12:56 PM
at the last moment.
My mom's little desk. I have my desk from my old house that I want to use here, but I need to get rid of my mom's desk. It's still hard to give certain things away that belonged to her.

Haha! My desk mentioned above. It's so cute. It's very old and painted red. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.

:anon2d: My closets need attention. They started out very neat, but.....

Shoes and probably some cat toys that Tibby hoards.

Decorations and collections. I have a collection of cobalt blue glass that is on the big shelf between the dining room and den.

Weekend plans?
Going to go see "Beauty and the Beast" tomorrow. I also have family coming to town tomorrow night, so I will spend Sunday with them.

mtj
3.24.17, 1:29 PM
Please post your thoughts on "Beauty And The Beast". I'm looking forward to hearing what people think of that movie.

Agent99
3.24.17, 6:23 PM
1. Name something you keep meaning to get rid of and then keep at the last moment.
T-shirts! You never know when I might want to wear my "Driveshaft" t-shirt from "Lost."

No. My friends have an estate sale business and I do like to check out their sales. I got an amazing Ralph Lauren cashmere sweater at the sale where I volunteered to help.

I have a built in with shelves and drawers. They tend to fill up with junk. I use hooks for purses and a shoe rack for my shoes. I keep casual stuff and dressy stuff separate.

Nothing. Maybe the occasional cat toy.

Photos and other silly keepsakes.

Weekend plans?
Our last weekend in Miami. Heading out for burgers and beers tonight. Our friends from home are here for wedding this weekend so we'll get to hang out with them on Sunday afternoon.

mtj
3.25.17, 6:18 AM
T-shirts! You never know when I might want to wear my "Driveshaft" t-shirt from "Lost."

I have three t-shirts that I will never get rid of.
One says "Dazed And Confused". A group of girlfriends and I all got one when we went on a beach trip.
One is from Molly Goodhead's Raw Bar in Ozona, Florida. The story behind how I got that is classic.
The other says "Tart" and is the result of another girlfriend adventure. We referred to ourselves as The Tarts.

boosdaughter
3.29.17, 11:40 AM
at the last moment.

Usually crap my husband brings into the house. He has a bunch of tech gadgetry in the basement that just lingers here. I get ready to donate it, and then he swoops in with, "No, I'm keeping this for..." I know full well it's going to continue to sit in the basement for years. I just try to organize his mess and leave it alone.

I usually thrift instead, but a few summers back, I bought a chalkboard/dry erase board combo for my son. It was fairly new and retailed new at something like $70 (O.O). $10, baby!

Organizers. Almost everything in a closet or cupboard is in some kind of organizer.

Parts from our vacuum cleaner and a storage bin with my husband's old clothes.

Toys. At least on my son's storage shelves.

Agent99
3.31.17, 10:17 AM
I remember the broken refrigerator your mom got from a sale. She got ripped off and was so angry.