PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody (besides us) watching "Emerald City"?

Mike
3.6.17, 8:04 PM
I wasn't expecting anything really. Thought it was a goofy idea. But caught a few minutes by accident and was smitten. We're watching it On Demand now. Wow. It turns out to be an amazing idea.

mtj
3.6.17, 8:38 PM
I have not seen Emerald City yet.
I am watching "Time After Time" and loving it.
For anyone who is interested in time travel shows, this one is good.

Mike
3.7.17, 12:03 PM
I was wondering if "Time After Time" would be any good. Thanks for your recommendation.

I remember the movie from way, way back. It was pretty good too, if I remember correctly.

Agent99
3.7.17, 4:04 PM
I haven't seen Emerald City. I didn't care for Grimm or Once Upon a Time and I figured it would be more of the same. I need to try Time after Time. I am loving "Big Little Lies" on HBO. I read the book and it was one of my favorites! I also like "Feud" on FX. The story of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford making the movie "Baby Jane." Great, campy fun. Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis knocks it out of the park. She's great.

Mike
3.8.17, 12:01 PM
We're DVR-ing "Feud" so that we can binge it.

Actually, I love to binge watch. So we do that with everything that we watch now, except for the half-hour comedies and the stuff that CBS screws up with football on Sunday nights. (Idiots. ImHO.)

We used to watch more stuff on demand, but Comcast has messed that up. First they took fast forward away from OD, so then we would wait a few weeks until the commercials were gone. (You could tell because the time shown in the listing would suddenly be shorter -- like 42 minutes for an hour show. But now it says 42 minutes, but Comcast inserts their own commercials instead! Total jerks. (WTF are we paying for?!)

Agent99
3.8.17, 6:57 PM
I hate watching On Demand for the commercials! It's the same thing with NBC whenever I watch Days on my iPad. Drives me crazy.

Mike
3.9.17, 1:26 PM
I hate watching On Demand for the commercials! It's the same thing with NBC whenever I watch Days on my iPad. Drives me crazy.

We have Comcast/Xfinity, and use their DVR service. The cool thing -- and to your point -- is that they have an app that lets us watch stuff from our DVR on phones or tablets! Including fast forward.

Very cool.

Agent99
3.9.17, 5:37 PM
Yes. I have that too.