PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - Call Me, Maybe

mtj
3.3.17, 8:52 AM
If you have a smart phone or regular cell phone...

1. What do you like the best about your phone?

2. What do you like the least about your phone?

3. How would you describe your phone usage? (Constant,
frequent, infrequent, etc.)

4. Describe something about how other people use their
phone that bugs you.

5. If you have a smart phone, what applications do you
like the best?

Weekend plans?

KrisMich
3.3.17, 11:46 AM

I like the alarm clock and the camera. It's nice to have a camera available when those photo opportunities come up.

My battery seems to drain fast when I travel. Not sure why.

3. How would you describe your phone usage? (Constant,
frequent, infrequent, etc.)
Frequent. It's the only phone I have (no land line) and I use it for work, so I'm on it quite a bit.

4. Describe something about how other people use their
phone that bugs you.
Texting!!! I text with my friend quite a bit, but we're both usually home when we do so. I get so angry at those I see texting while driving, texting during church, texting during band rehearsals and yes, I've seen someone text during a funeral. Not to mention texting during movies at the theater or concerts etc. That drives me nuts.

5. If you have a smart phone, what applications do you
like the best?
I have a smart phone, but I don't really use many of the apps. I do like the GPS on my phone.

Weekend plans?
Jeepers! I never know anymore. I so want a weekend to myself, but since my cousin's husband passed away at Christmas, I've had to spend time with her over the weekends. She's having such a rough time. But, she and Larry were here for me when my mom died, so I don't mind. It's just my selfishness that wants some freedom.

Agent99
3.3.17, 4:47 PM
I have an iPhone

Face Time! Since I've been gone all winter I love that I can pick up my phone and see my friends.

The screen is always scuzzy.

3. How would you describe your phone usage? (Constant, frequent, infrequent, etc.)
Frequent. I'm always checking on something or texting someone.

4. Describe something about how other people use their phone that bugs you.
Talking loudly in public places. Using their phone at the checkout in stores. Walking with their head down (I always make sure I purposely have them bump into me).

5. If you have a smart phone, what applications do you like the best?
I use Open Table a lot for reservations. Yelp for reviews. Uber is great.

Weekend plans?
Going to the movies tonight to see "Lion."

mtj
3.4.17, 6:55 AM
(I always make sure I purposely have them bump into me).

I have to believe that pedestrian accidents have quadrupled, since I see so many people walking face down to their phone and not paying one bit of attention to where they are going.
Although I finally broke down and got one, I am not a big fan of "smart" phones for that and many other reasons.
The thing that bugs me the most about them is people who use speaker phone, so you not only have to listen to their end of the inane conversation, but the other end as well.

I find myself wondering what people did before these phones.
I use mine for an occasional phone call and to listen to Audible books in the car.
I don't text and I am not constantly "face to the phone".

Agent, I would never have pegged you as a Uber user.
Aren't you worried about all those germs in the publicly used cars?

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/cp52c42961.gif

Agent99
3.4.17, 9:16 AM
I have a special sanitation suit that I use when I uber. So far, the Uber cars are so much cleaner than cabs! I hate cabs.

mtj
3.4.17, 5:59 PM
I have a special sanitation suit that I use when I uber. So far, the Uber cars are so much cleaner than cabs! I hate cabs.

Most people would take that sanitation suit comment as a joke.
I don't.
*Picturing Agent in an Uber car in a HazMat suit*