PDA

View Full Version : Paid, bussed-in protesters? Really?

Mike
2.23.17, 11:41 AM
The people in Congress -- and let's face it, particularly in the GOP -- seem totally nonplussed by the fact that large numbers of their constituents are displeased with them about:
-- Replacing ACA before they repeal it,
-- The lack of sincere interest in Congress about "the Russian Connection",
-- Russian interference in the US election,
-- Presidential conflicts of interest.

The only consistent message to voters from the GOP is, "we hear you, but we just don't care."

Now they say that the people who come to town hall meetings with them are not genuine concerned American citizens. Instead, the GOP says, these people are "paid", "professional", "out of state" bussed in hacks.

If that were so, then congrats would be due to the GOP for creating jobs; but it is so patently untrue that it is astounding that they promulgate this as yet another lie. What is the matter with these people??

Coffenut
2.23.17, 2:08 PM
. They don't give a flying f..k about the country or bringing people back together. It is sad what is happening to this country. Trump only cares about himself and throws tantrums if he doesn't get the praise he wants so bad and than he makes up stuff . I do not understand how anybody can support him . And how stupid must his supporters be that they don't see what's going on? I just don't understand how anyone can support him.

jolau
2.23.17, 5:58 PM
Just like how they assume early voters are people that don't have jobs, poor/lazy, etc. and that all "Middle Class" people have 9 - 5 jobs and weekends off.

PS: I could use the extra income, have flight benefits, and rotating days off. Where do I sign up?

jolau
2.23.17, 10:09 PM
I do not understand how anybody can support him . And how stupid must his supporters be that they don't see what's going on? I just don't understand how anyone can support him.

From what I can gather, a lot of conservatives believe that America has fallen out of favor somehow since Reagan left office. The increased secularization and acceptance of (sexually) deviant lifestyles (IE: moving away from prayer in school, teaching evolution, homosexuality/transgenderism, abortion/contraception, etc), the reliance on government programs instead of charity, the inability to squish our enemies out of existence (Al Qaida, Daesh, Drug lords, etc)
They want some sort of "strict father figure" to come in and reinforce discipline. My question is, what do they expect? Spankings?
Particularly from someone who now has the backing of the military and law enforcement?
And how do they expect someone to enforce discipline when he was never very disciplined himself?

Catstrack
2.24.17, 2:27 AM
First and foremost, this issue that has been repeated time and time again about the busloads of, either voters from other areas brought in to illegally vote (and why Trump lost the popular vote), or busloads of people bussed in "agitators" to attend these GOP Town Halls brings one to wonder....where are the photos an/or evidence of the busses?

Typical with this buffoonish administration's continuous daily "fabrications" (to put it mildly) would be laughable if it wasn't terrifying. The bold face lying of Trump and his surrogates is beyond anything we've ever seen before and we should expect it to continue.

Catstrack
2.24.17, 2:52 AM
[QUOTE=Mike;100009]The people in Congress -- and let's face it, particularly in the GOP -- seem totally nonplussed by the fact that large numbers of their constituents are displeased with them about:
-- Replacing ACA before they repeal it,
-- The lack of sincere interest in Congress about "the Russian Connection",
-- Russian interference in the US election,
-- Presidential conflicts of interest. QUOTE]

I think the GOP members are so thrilled to have control of all phases of govt., they could not care less how they got there with riding the coattails of a lying, egomaniacal presidential candidate and care even less about those who might oppose Trump's policies (which who knows what that is from day to day).

For the time being I think the majority of the GOP members will continue to go along to get along as to not upset the hard core Trump supporters. I saw a poll today saying 80-90% of Republicans are onboard with Trump. I'd like to know how true that is. But, I bet these GOP Town Halls wane somewhat for the near future.

jolau
2.24.17, 3:14 PM
First and foremost, this issue that has been repeated time and time again about the busloads of, either voters from other areas brought in to illegally vote (and why Trump lost the popular vote), or busloads of people bussed in "agitators" to attend these GOP Town Halls brings one to wonder....where are the photos an/or evidence of the busses?
These GOP wants to live in a bubble where what they are doing is good and fine, and they will continue to have enough voters to hold their offices. Their voters are the "silent majority" that are from the "angry middle class" who apparently all have 9-5 jobs and weekends off. Anyone else are poor and too lazy to get a "real job", and they cook up these conspiracy theories that someone like George Soros is paying them to protest, or how welfare recipients supplement their income by re-selling their groceries.

jolau
2.25.17, 12:59 AM
Is it me or whenever something happens that they refuse to understand, they cry "CONSPIRACY!"?

PS: Where do I sign up? I can pay off my car and credit cards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wayne-lapierre-left-wing-violence_us_58b07840e4b060480e078cc2?section=polit ics (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wayne-lapierre-left-wing-violence_us_58b07840e4b060480e078cc2?section=polit ics)