PDA

View Full Version : Trump's alledged 78 terrorist attacks the press "didn't cover"

Catstrack
2.8.17, 1:20 AM
Even though they all were! Where was it on Trump's list the news about reported recent attacks on Muslims and mosques? What about the recent attacks by White Supreme groups and the rise of white nationalism? What about attacks on Hispanic people, even native born with Hispanic origin? And so on. Zip, nothing, nada....his report was all about trying to say the media was covering up events that had Muslims as a basis.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/07/white-house-78-terror-attacks-list-trump/97582018/

Catstrack
2.8.17, 1:25 AM
Interesting interview with Jake Trapper and KellyAnne Conway about so-called "fake news" alleged by the Trump admin.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/02/07/trump-kellyanne-conway-lead-full-interview.cnn

Mike
2.8.17, 3:01 PM
Where was it on Trump's list the news about reported recent attacks on Muslims and mosques? What about the recent attacks by White Supreme groups and the rise of white nationalism?

That is a great -- and frustrating -- question. The trumpleteers have no sense of, or even an awareness of -- decency and fairness.

jolau
2.8.17, 4:41 PM
I'd like to point out that at least 27 of those attacks listed were in heavily Muslim countries, or at least not in a Westernized country (IE: Bangladesh, Chad, Egypt, Turkey, etc.)

Catstrack
2.9.17, 1:19 AM
I'd like to point out that at least 27 of those attacks listed were in heavily Muslim countries, or at least not in a Westernized country (IE: Bangladesh, Chad, Egypt, Turkey, etc.)

Yes, and that's a great point. The US news always gives coverage to higher profile terrorist attacks more than others. Just like in the states a mass murder attack on a school will get more coverage than something else. All affected in both instances are tragic and one life lost is no less than another, but the fact is that not all stories will be covered the same degree of coverage and the time spent on each is based on perceived viewer or reader interest.

Catstrack
2.9.17, 1:35 AM
That is a great -- and frustrating -- question. The trumpleteers have no sense of, or even an awareness of -- decency and fairness.

My biggest fear now is how Trump and his admin have laid out a platform to discredit the legit American press (different than the pundit shows, OPEDs, etc....lol). With his continuous attack on what he calls the dishonest press who make up "fake news" he is normalizing the notion that he (Trump) is the only one the American people can trust.

This he is also now doing with the judicial system. Attacking "so called" judges and accusing those justices reviewing the "travel" ban as them being political....even before they have ruled!

jolau
2.9.17, 4:01 AM
Yes, and that's a great point. The US news always gives coverage to higher profile terrorist attacks more than others. Just like in the states a mass murder attack on a school will get more coverage than something else. All affected in both instances are tragic and one life lost is no less than another, but the fact is that not all stories will be covered the same degree of coverage and the time spent on each is based on perceived viewer or reader interest.

It's just like how they talk about crime in Chicago, but many of their own communities are just as dysfunctional. if not worse.

Catstrack
2.11.17, 2:16 AM
It's the same old problem with many intercity, poor neighborhoods all over. Perhaps some have worse crime than others per population, but in those communities there will always be a level of criminal opportunity as long as they are caught between poverty and a way out.

Key issue is education and jobs. When I was in college my minor was criminal justice and one of our guest speakers was a criminal court judge. He said one pf the difficult things he had to address in his court was having someone come before him and him have a good response when they said they could make 10 plus times the money selling drugs than they could by working a minimum wage or better job.

The fear of jail, the future, etc., is not as much a deterrent as continuing without one's needs to day to day to live. There's a hopelessness that endures in some of our communities and it will not change until these things are addressed in a real and sustained way.

jolau
2.11.17, 3:16 PM
I think the assumption is, inner city crime = black/hispanic poor. Remember, we live in a country where someone could be white and ekeing out a living working at McDonald's but still be considered "middle class" but a black person could have an income to such that they could afford a BMW and/or decent housing accomodations and people won't believe they achieved that sort of success the normal way.
A lot of that is stereotyping and distractions from thier own problems. Much like talking about ISIS and Islamic terrorism but at the same time ignoring the kind of terrorism white people do, or brushing it off as mental illness.

Catstrack
2.14.17, 12:26 AM
I don't disagree. Good points.