PDA

View Full Version : Bullying on the rise post election

Catstrack
2.4.17, 2:45 AM
Still trying to sort it out here...how a man who's bragged, bullied, name called, intimidated, lied, etc., managed to convince enough people he showed the integrity to be leader of the free world and I'll never get even of they hated the other candidates. Oh well.

But now, the new president's election and appeal to some allow sanctioning of belittling, degrading, lies.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/parenting/post-election-bullying-is-on-the-rise-heres-what-parents-can-do/ar-AAmzHeo?li=BBnb7Kz

Mike
2.4.17, 11:39 AM
Impeachment is coming. I'm wondering why we have to wait.

The Electoral College that was created to protect our democracy from an over-powering political clique has been twisted to just the opposite end. The largest popular majority in US history went against the heathen Trump. He has been given months to stabilize, mature, and become presidential but he has made not one single step in that healing direction. It is time to stop him now. Impeachment is urgently neeeded.

jolau
2.4.17, 7:57 PM
Some people say that the EC is supposed to give rural areas a voice, but I say if you're the kind of person that thinks Hillary Clinton is running a child prostitution ring behind a pizza parlor or waiting for some industry your father or grandfather worked in that has since moved on, perhaps you deserve to be left behind.

Catstrack
2.6.17, 2:24 AM
Impeachment is coming. I'm wondering why we have to wait.

The Electoral College that was created to protect our democracy from an over-powering political clique has been twisted to just the opposite end. The largest popular majority in US history went against the heathen Trump. He has been given months to stabilize, mature, and become presidential but he has made not one single step in that healing direction. It is time to stop him now. Impeachment is urgently neeeded.

Agreed and ......Oh, but AGAIN Trump went on FoxNews last night to continue his lie that those 3 million votes that lost him the popular vote where "illegals" voting for Clinton. When O'Reilly told him he needed to data to back that up....as usual....Trump said others agree with him.

This is his data and facts: Saying that others "say" blah, blah, blah or "I heard" blah, blah, blah with not anything to back up the statements. Clearly Trump knows that deceit works for him and that lies do not matter to his supporters. As he said early on in the campaign (paraphrasing) "I could shoot someone on the street and wouldn't lose any votes".

How could we, as a nation, possible have gotten here? Is it just the glee of GOP their brilliant strategy of redistricting that worked, voter suppression and willingness to accept a non-apologist liar? A lack-luster Democratic campaign message?

Now all this tirade with the Muslim ban? Calling out a stay by a "so called judge"? Firing officials who dare go against him?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, circa 1759.

jolau
2.6.17, 2:36 PM
I've had this odd feeling that America these days has an obsession with security, law and order. It is no longer a people that strives for actual freedom. You see this with how people view guns, their blind admiration of police/military, the prisons, our defense budget, etc. It is also one that no longer strives for better.

Both Bernie and Hillary offered things that would have improved peoples' lots in life, but people instead want a "strict father figure" that will correct all the "wrongs" that happened since Reagan left office, especially where morality is concerned (I know of a priest that says the immorality stretches back to the 60's.) and "jobs".At the same time, people are no longer willing to try new things to see if they will work, and stick to the old status quo, even though those ideas are outdated. Hence reserving minimum wage jobs for people with minimal educational backgrounds or work experience so they can learn some sort of "work ethic" before being funneled into the factory, the mine, whatever. They aren't willing to invest in education beyond the basics that will teach people how to operate the machines or do the paperwork, but not do anything too "creative". They question why Blacks aren't successful, and yet they are more than willing to accept a lower standard of living and drag their wives and children with them.

The other part is Anti-Clinton propaganda. The Greens, Libertarians, and the rest of them have bought the Republican lies about them that have been floating around for the last 30 years, they have created boogiemen (or women like Debbie Wasserman Schultz or Donna Brazille) to blame for the failure of Bernie Sanders but failed to realize that he did not carry the South, nor did he have a lot of presence there, similar to Hillary not paying much attention to the Battlegrounds. (Yes, that is what I will fault her for).

Catstrack
2.8.17, 12:53 AM
Good points and I would add this disturbing link to the 14 signs of fascism:

http://rense.com/general37/fascism.htm