PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - At The Movies

mtj
2.3.17, 6:45 AM
1. Are there any new movies coming out that you are looking forward to seeing?

2. Do you still buy snacks at the movies, or do you smuggle in your own?

3. What is one of your favorite "classic" movies?

4. What would get your vote for "one of the worst movies ever"?

5. Have you ever watched a movie with 3-D glasses? Did you like it, or do you prefer regular viewing?

Weekend plans?

Agent99
2.3.17, 9:18 AM
Yes! In fact, I saw "Founder" with Michael Keaton yesterday about the McDonald's franchise. It was great. I am extremely excited about "Beauty and the Beast." I love that story and I'm so glad it's not animated. I don't do animated movies - ever! I hate them. I didn't even like cartoons as a kid.

Yesterday, when we went to the movies a bag of popcorn and a diet Coke cost $15. The movie tickets were $37. A $50 MATINEE!! Hell, yes, I sneak in candy and water.

"Sabrina" is my all-time favorite. The Philadelphia Story is a close second.

Anything with Meryl Streep. Just kidding! That movie with Rosie Grier and Ray Milland where they become a two headed man. It's awful.

5. Have you ever watched a movie with 3-D glasses? Did you like it, or do you prefer regular viewing?
I'm not big on 3-D since I got an eye infection from the glasses at "Avatar." I now bring my own, but I prefer not to see 3D. It's too distracting. My mom used to turn the color off on our color TV to watch movies. She said the color distracted her. LOL! She loved black and white movies.

Weekend plans?
I feel like going shopping!

Mike
2.3.17, 10:22 AM
Not so far. (We saw "Founder" yesterday too! Wow -- surprised at what an interesting story it was, and a well made movie! Keaton is top of his skills.)

If the popcorn is fresh, buy it there; otherwise, smuggle!

Just one?!? For just me, it's W.C. Fields "It's A Gift"

Still fresh in memory: "Hacksaw Ridge". What a waist.

Regular 2-D for me. It made my eyes so tired!

Weekend plans?
Chili Beans!

Agent99
2.3.17, 10:45 AM
Mike, don't you think "Founder" should be shown in every business ethics class? We had such a great discussion about that movie and how it relates to morals and business and profits. Keaton is such a great actor. He's still my favorite Batman.

KrisMich
2.3.17, 11:35 AM
I haven't been to the movies in so long and I want to see some that have been out for a bit. "La La Land," "Manchester by the Sea," "Hidden Figures."

I still buy popcorn, but smuggle in my drinks. Have you seen this video yet? It's funny...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4XJB4Ufi0c

"To Kill a Mockingbird."

I can't pinpoint just one but I will not watch any movie with Jim Carrey or Will Ferrell in it. I can't stand either actor.

Not a full-length movie, but I did the Captain Eo thing at Disneyland and it made me so sick to my stomach. I won't go to a 3D movie because of it.

Weekend plans?
I've got the flu, so probably not much this weekend.

Agent99
2.3.17, 11:46 AM
Ha ha ha!! The last scene is the best. I usually skip movies with Zak Galifinakis and the other two guys he's usually with.