PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - Everything Old Is New Again

mtj
1.20.17, 6:22 AM
1. What trend or fashion has returned that you wish had not?

2. What is something you kept wearing or doing when it went out of
style?

3. If you could own a classic car, what kind would it be?

4. What retro style of decorating makes you cringe when you see it?

5. What trend or fashion would you like to see return? (I would love to
see the return of old-fashioned movie theaters with balconies and red
velvet curtains).

Weekend plans?

Agent99
1.20.17, 9:05 AM
Overalls. I wore them in the 70s and they were cute when we were in high school. They're not so cute on grown women.

2. What is something you kept wearing or doing when it went out of style?
I had a difficult time cutting off my white braided "tail." My aunt made me do it before my wedding (Thank you Aunt Mary!). I think I would have kept that thing for years. LOL! Agent 86 kept it in a plastic bag for years. I haven't seen it lately.

My dream car when I was 18 was a Datsun 287. I settled for a Firebird.

Shag carpeting. Gross. How do you get it clean?

5. What trend or fashion would you like to see return? (I would love to see the return of old-fashioned movie theaters with balconies and red
velvet curtains).
Restaurants with soundproofing! I am so tired of the hipster restaurants that are purposely made loud so it sounds busy and fun. Put in some ceiling tiles and insulation. I'm tired of leaving with a sore throat from screaming. Half the time you can't even hear what the server is saying. How old am I?

Weekend plans?
Hitting the beach!

mtj
1.20.17, 10:40 AM
Oh, poor you. You had to "settle" for a Firebird. Poor, poor you. <----dripping with sarcasm.

I agree about restaurants. The restaurant where we had our company Christmas party was just as you described. The acoustics were awful and no one could hear what anyone was saying when trying to make conversation.

KrisMich
1.20.17, 12:19 PM
Hmmmm... I can't really think of anything at the moment.

2. What is something you kept wearing or doing when it went out of
style?
Probably white sneakers with colored socks to match my top. That was popular in the 90's. But, no worries, I got over it a long time ago. Hehehe!

My Grandpa's 1968 El Camino pick up. I loved driving that truck.

Although I liked it when it was popular, I cringe when I see country-style decorating, or the simple fact that people have never changed it from a decade ago when it was popular. I still see a lot of it on HGTV when people are looking for homes to purchase.

5. What trend or fashion would you like to see return? (I would love to
see the return of old-fashioned movie theaters with balconies and red
velvet curtains).
Drive-in movies.

Weekend plans? No plans. It's going to be a very stormy weekend, so I will most likely just stay in as much as possible.

Agent99
1.20.17, 3:22 PM
My 1977 Firebird was a piece of crap! The last American car I ever bought. It would have been eligible for the Lemon Law if that had been in effect. I sold it, bought a Nissan Sentra and never looked back.

Agent99
1.20.17, 3:23 PM
I have to agree about Drive-In movies. One of my fondest memories is my sister piling seven of us (my mom included) into her Corvaire to go see "A Hard Day's Night" at the drive-in. It was awesome!

mtj
1.21.17, 12:48 PM
I refuse to buy American cars until American auto makers get their standards up to the foreign made cars available.
I have owned two Hyundais in the past 15 years and they are/were both big mileage, low maintenance vehicles.
I did lust after a Firebird when I was younger though.

Agent99
1.22.17, 9:10 AM
Had I known you back in 1977 I would have sold you my lemon. Ha ha!!