PDA

View Full Version : Trump's Tweet attack on John Lewis

jolau
1.16.17, 11:51 PM
This should show how Trump and others like him who focus on crime prove people like George Carlin or Tim Wise correct. They want obedient workers.
With more obedient workers (or obedient people in general), the assumption will be there will be less crime.
This also proves to me that Trump and his supporters think of Trump as the "strict father figure" who can step one and enforce discipline when they assume the more benevolent types have failed.

John Lewis is not there to be a man who enforces discipline, he is there to fight for peoples' rights, improve the lot of his constituents, and to ensure the rights that he fought for in the past are preserved for future generations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/why-trump-s-attack-john-lewis-came-particularly-bad-time-n707371 (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/why-trump-s-attack-john-lewis-came-particularly-bad-time-n707371)

jolau
1.17.17, 9:48 PM
Now Paul LePage chimes in.
This to me is the same attitude as those moms that tell their kids to eat their dinner because of the starving kids in Africa. It tells people to accept a bad situation because some "alternative" could be worse. It doesn't tell people to be compassionate aabout the people in these bad situations, but to accept their own bad situation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/paul-lepage-john-lewis-233691?cmpid=sf (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/paul-lepage-john-lewis-233691?cmpid=sf)

Catstrack
1.18.17, 2:25 AM
This also proves to me that Trump and his supporters think of Trump as the "strict father figure" who can step one and enforce discipline when they assume the more benevolent types have failed.

It does seem that this is a part of how some supporters see Trump....equating his 'tough talk' and anti-political correctness as leadership. Others thinking (as some have for a long time) that a person with business experience and acumens there of, might be the key to running a more successful government.

They are willing to overlook his bad traits, but how long can that go on. He is polling in historically low positive numbers even before he is sworn into office (which he says the polls are still rigged, of course).

Catstrack
1.18.17, 2:31 AM
Now Paul LePage chimes in.
This to me is the same attitude as those moms that tell their kids to eat their dinner because of the starving kids in Africa. It tells people to accept a bad situation because some "alternative" could be worse. It doesn't tell people to be compassionate aabout the people in these bad situations, but to accept their own bad situation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/paul-lepage-john-lewis-233691?cmpid=sf (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/paul-lepage-john-lewis-233691?cmpid=sf)

Yes, and telling people that it's time to come together for the good of the country ...that ship has sailed for many. Trump bromance with Putin has even started GOPers wondering if this guy has any grasp on reality and world affairs.

jolau
1.19.17, 2:52 AM
They never accepted Obama and they probably would not have accepted Hillary Clinton either had she won. Now they want us to "play nice" with them when they never played nice with us. They even have the audacity to claim they never acted like this when Obama was elected. Do they really think we were born yesterday? How is it that conservatives are allowed to get nasty, but liberals have to play nice?

How is it that Donald Trump's bad traits are overlooked by conservatives but liberals don't overlook the "bad traits" of people like Hillary Clinton, Cory Booker, or Chuck Schumer? We need all the help we can get and yet in their search for the next Bernie Sanders, Liberals tend to pick apart the people that are in the best position to help them, despite their flaws.
This is how Conservatives win. They stand united, they don't look at flaws, anything from poisoning water to sexual immorality, to alleged ties to Russia, they will vote for you as long as you're pro-gun and anti-abortion,
Meanwhile Liberals won't vote for you because of "emails" and high-end donors. Instead of sticking to someone that is in the best position to help them, they run off to the Greens, or the Libertarians, or some other Third Party. We need election winners, not some perpetual loser from a Third Party.

Catstrack
1.21.17, 1:48 AM
"How is it that Donald Trump's bad traits are overlooked by conservatives ..."

Chuck Todd asked Franklin Graham that very question today and after Graham tried to dodge the question he basically said no one is perfect. I'm sure that Graham was a key in convincing evangelicals that it was OK to ignore a lying, philandering, braggart in order to make sure an "R" made it to the White House.

Definitely the Democratic Party and Liberals have a lot of soul searching as how this election was lost and what to do in the future. For one, perhaps not choosing a candidate who was already under FBI investigation (even if it was somewhat bogus charges as others had done the same thing). I know people myself, who are Dems and said they didn't know if they could trust Clinton and who were swayed at the end by Colmey (sp?).

jolau
1.21.17, 6:30 PM
Liberals don't have much going for them. They don't have the church pulpit, they don't have much support in the media, and it's only a matter of time until the mass-protest will be taken away from them.
Problem is, I think many liberals will continue to be clueless as to why we lost, why liberals continue to lose elections, and why they can't seem to make any inroads in the South or Midwest. Trying to find some "perfect" Bernie-esque candidate but continue to lose elections.

My question is, why did Hillary win so many Primaries in the South? Especially the states that had early primaries, and in areas where suspicions against Clinton were the highest? Her problems I think were well-known throughout the primaries and yet those states went to Clinton.
The only reason I fear are the remaining Dixiecrats who voted Hillary in the Primaries but went to Trump in the General, and were Trump people all along.

Catstrack
1.22.17, 2:12 AM
Well, Trump's populist rhetoric spoke to a lot of people...GOP, Dem and Indies. The "America First" campaign said to those listening that if they believed in Trump then he could wave the magic wand and reset everything....bringing back jobs, but ignoring the fact that he never said he would move his own overseas manufacturing to the US.

Clinton's promises didn't include that magic wand, plus the fake news stories were readily lapped up by those who already had an ax to grind with the Clintons.