PDA

View Full Version : For Boo's Daughter Jenny

mtj
12.23.16, 2:42 PM
Jenny,

You and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.
At a time when everyone else is making merry, you people are going through the hardest thing imaginable.

I hope there is some small comfort in receiving the good wishes and prayers from people who care about your sweet Mom and who
developed a deep affection for her over the years.

Even as an "internet presence" here, your Mom (Boo as we think of her) has always been a warm, sweet, funny, loving addition to our discussions.
She often sent me personal messages to check in and see how I was doing.
She seemed to genuinely care about all the people in her life.
Especially her children and grandchildren.

My favorite part about getting to know your Mom was how over the moon she was when she became a Grandma.
I think it was one of her best gifts to be able to experience the children of her child.

As you go through this awful stuff, I hope the warm wishes and prayers from people who care about your Mom will help.

I will continue to send comforting thoughts to you and your family.

Agent99
12.23.16, 5:30 PM
Thank you, mtj, for this beautiful post. It says what we all feel about Boo. You know how I always try to find humor in something. Today, I was thinking about the long thread we had about Boo's unsightly underwear. It made me smile. I will miss her gentle soul.

boosdaughter
12.25.16, 7:58 PM
Thank you. I know she was thrilled about being a grandma. Some years back, I was living with my now-husband -- before my brother had his son -- she actually told me, "I wouldn't be mad if you got pregnant now...even on purpose." She loved both kids so very much, and they really loved her.

On some level, I think I was helped by the knowledge that mom died on the 14th. Her body went on the 23rd, but in some way, I don't associate that day with her death. The last 2 weeks feel like a very odd, bad dream. It still doesn't feel like she's gone.

Keep the memories rolling. I've also set up an e-mail address, memoriesofbren@gmail.com, if you'd like to send any over. The plan is to eventually bind the collection of stories into a book for the kids and grandkids.