PDA

View Full Version : Levis - No Guns In Our Stores Please

mtj
12.2.16, 9:23 AM
According to this article, the CEO of Levis posted an open letter to their customers asking that no guns be brought into their stores.
The comments under the article were what I found interesting.
Many people thought this was a bad idea because it was informing terrorists and other bad guys that
they would have better luck in a Levis store, ie no armed customers means no retaliation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/levis-ceo-pens-open-letter-to-patrons-leave-your-guns-at-home-214906712.html

Agent99
12.2.16, 9:59 AM
I always read the comments on news stories. It's where you'll hear the most outrageous hatred on any subject. First of all, did Levi's really need to come out with this statement? I walk by the Levi's store at the mall all the time I've never seen people engaged in western style shootouts by the skinny jeans display. Sometimes, it's better to just not say anything. Also, I hardly think terrorists are now organizing their next attack specifically to Levi's stores. Ridiculous.

Mike
12.2.16, 11:53 AM
I think it's a simpler thing. Levi's doesn't want some armed people walking around their stores, and it's easier to make a one-rule-for-all statement then to put managers in a position of standing alone.

mtj
12.2.16, 2:26 PM
I agree with Agent.
I can't remember the last time I read about a shoot-out at the Levis store.
Or the last time I saw anyone packing heat while they were purchasing their 501's.
Publicity-wise, I think this is going to backfire on Levis.

As for the store managers, I hardly think they are going to enforce this "rule".
First of all, how will they know someone has a gun in their purse.
And if they did, what are they going to do?
Say, "excuse me ma'am, could you please leave the store since you have a .38 in your Prada?"