PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

mtj
12.2.16, 7:54 AM
1. Where (what store or internet site) do you do most of your
holiday shopping?

2. White lights on your tree, or colored lights?

3. Name a holiday movie you like.

4. What was your best Christmas present as a kid?

5. What is a good gift to bring to a White Elephant gift exchange?

White Elephant: Everyone brings a wrapped gift. You draw
names to see what order you will go in. Player one takes a gift
and opens it. The following players can either take another
gift, or steal a gift from a previous player. You only get 3
chances to swap/steal.

Weekend plans?

Jenigirl
12.2.16, 9:53 AM
1. Where (what store or internet site) do you do most of your holiday shopping? I don't really have one store I do most of my holiday shopping at. I do a little here, a little there, depending on who has the better price.

2. White lights on your tree, or colored lights? Colored lights are always the most Christmas like to me. White lights are pretty - but not for my tree.

3. Name a holiday movie you like? Elf is the one that makes me laugh the most. It's A Wonderful Life is the most nostalgic, and all the ones on the Hallmark Channel I love - especially the ones with Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert.

4. What was your best Christmas present as a kid? Cabbage Patch Kids & a baby doll cradle that I got, plus the Barbie Dream House that my family stayed up all night to put together.

5. What is a good gift to bring to a White Elephant gift exchange?A gift card so whoever winds up with it should be happy cause they can buy what they like instead of being stuck with a bad gift.

Weekend plans? I have two parades that Dakota is marching in this weekend, one for each day. Plus I have a ton of baking to do for next week's winter concert bake sale, as well as baking to make baskets to sell on my own to make up for some money I spent on Christmas gifts. lol :blush2ey:

Agent99
12.2.16, 10:10 AM
holiday shopping?
Amazon. Hands down.

Colored! I hate the new LED lights. They're too bright.

"Holiday" with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn. I watch it every year.

My Easy Bake Oven. My poor dad was forced to eat all the little cakes I made for him.

The last one we did I brought lamb salt & pepper shakers. We did this at a party at my house with my high school girlfriends. Unbeknownst to me, the girls all left their gifts behind hidden around my house. I was finding weird stuff for two weeks! One of the gifts was a birdhouse that my friend, who is an art teacher, got from one of her students. We now hide that thing in the house of the next person who hosts our get-together.

Weekend plans?

KrisMich
12.2.16, 11:48 AM
holiday shopping?
Amazon.

White lights for the tree, colored lights outside.

"Love Actually," "Home Alone," and call me crazy, but I watched "Christmas with the Kranks" last weekend and really enjoyed it.

My Barbie Country Camper.

Is there such a thing as a good White Elephant gift? hehe! I have to agree with Jen, a gift card. One year at a staff party, the Starbucks gift card was the one thing everyone was trying to steal.

Weekend plans? I hope to finish decorating this weekend. I want to put my tree up tonight and then put out all of my other decorations over the weekend. Outside lights are already up.

KrisMich
12.2.16, 11:54 AM
Agent, that is hilarious about the bird house. When I was working with Celebrant Singers (a music ministry group), someone bought a painting of an old Guatemalan couple while it Guatemala of course. They bought it as a gag gift for the person they had drawn for Christmas. At our Christmas party where the gift was given, we all laughed so hard over that painting. Well, a couple from the group got married not long after that and yes, they were given the painting as a gag gift at their wedding. For years, anyone who was married somehow received that painting as a gift. It ended with a guy named, Henry. We think his wife tossed it. LOL!

Agent99
12.2.16, 12:40 PM
I love that!! Too bad someone tossed it out. Gifts that keep reappearing are the best. My old boss from MTV and I have been sending the same Huey Lewis and the News CD back and forth since 1991. Since I was the last one in possession of it, last year I had it autographed and included a photo of me with Huey Lewis and sent it to him for his birthday.

Agent99
12.2.16, 12:41 PM
I also like "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslett. I am embarrassed to say I have never seen "Elf."

Jenigirl
12.2.16, 1:17 PM
I am embarrassed to say I have never seen "Elf."

Please, please, please watch it!! It's on Freeform this Sunday at 6:40pm and will replay a few times before Christmas on this channel. You MUST watch it!

mtj
12.2.16, 2:24 PM
My in-laws were IBM people (before they retired) and those folks stay life-long friends.
One holiday season, one of them got an atrocious fruit cake. The kind you might buy in Wal-Mart.
That fruitcake was sent back and forth among the friends for years and years and years.

Agent99
12.2.16, 4:19 PM
I will. I promise!!!

Agent99
12.2.16, 4:20 PM
I think ALL fruitcakes are around for years and years and years. Ha ha ha!!