PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Ready For The Holidays?

mtj
11.14.16, 7:37 PM
Has anyone done any holiday shopping yet?
Has anyone found a turkey for Thanksgiving cheaper than Agent? :pinkyz:
Does anyone have any good ideas for holiday gifts?
Chime in.

boo1
11.14.16, 9:54 PM
I have everything bought for our thanksgiving dinner. Once again it will be the day after thanksgiving. I have gifts for my grandsons and a gift for my 21 month old great nephew. I still have to buy for my 15 year old nephew, 10 year old great nephew, 6 &7 year old great nieces, and my mother-in-law. My daughter and I are thinking about making banana bread and mini lemon loaves for family and friends.

KrisMich
11.14.16, 10:59 PM
I haven't done a thing for either holiday yet. I have some ideas for Christmas gifts, but I haven't ordered them yet. Most of my shopping will be done online this year. That seems to work best for me.

Agent99
11.15.16, 7:40 AM
I haven't done anything!! The holidays always seem to sneak up on me. I usually spend a day ordering gifts from Amazon. As for the turkey, I think I'm going with the less expensive Butterball this year.

Jenigirl
11.15.16, 9:39 AM
My sister is hosting Thanksgiving this year so we don't have to buy anything except the ingredients for whatever side dishes and dessert we bring. Not sure what I'll be bringing. As for Christmas, I bought Zachary two gifts so far, and that's all. I told my sister this year due to our budgets being so low we should just make a pact to not exchange gifts this year for the kids. This totally works better in my favor since I usually spend $100 on her three kids combined and she spends $25 maybe on my two combined...so it's definitely a win on my end that I am very happy about.

mtj
11.15.16, 12:35 PM
$25 on your two combined? Wow, that is not much to pend on your nephews. I didn't know you could get gifts for kids for that low of a price.

boo1
11.16.16, 7:46 AM
I went on-line last night and found troll play sets for my 2 great nieces $16.99 each. I found a Star Wars Lego set for my great nephew $12.99. I'm going to buy a candy filled candy cane for each child and I'm done. I couldn't find anything for my 15 year old nephew so he's getting $20 in a card. Still looking for my mother-in-law. I had to cut back since my husband retired on gifts.

Agent99
11.16.16, 8:33 AM
I can't wait to see what you come up with for your mother-in-law! Ha ha ha!!

boo1
11.16.16, 11:57 AM
She has always been hard to buy for. She has no problem telling a person if she dislikes your gift, lol. She went into a nursing home four months ago. She's in a wheel chair, losing her eye sight and forgetful. A good friend of hers is in the home too so they eat their meals together. She seems happy with her decision to go into the home. I do feel some guilt that I couldn't care for her. I know with my own health problems there was no way I could get her in and out of her wheel chair. I'm thinking about buying her a nice vanity set with a stand up mirror. Also making up a basket full of snacks she likes.

Agent99
11.16.16, 1:31 PM
That sounds nice. Do you really miss the days when she used to pee on your sofa????? Think about that. You should have absolutely no guilt about not being able to take care of her.

boo1
11.16.16, 6:47 PM
I kept her for 13 weeks after her last back surgery. I really thought I was going to lose my mind. One day she walked past the bathroom and went into the bedroom. She walked past the bathroom again came into the living room and said you need to go clean my potty chair. I was furious, I ask, why would you walk pass the bathroom to use the potty chair? The next day I ask her visiting nurse if she was able to go back to her apartment. She laughed and said, oh I think she could have taken care of herself after 3 weeks. I said well she's been here 13 weeks I'm taking her home tomorrow. I packed her stuff and took her home the next day. Sending you another story a little too racy for public view, :P