PDA

View Full Version : Well

mtj
11.2.16, 6:29 PM
Sending up a flare.

This place has been dead since a few weeks ago, but I would rather not see it die.
So if any of you regular folks are still checking in, hello and I think we should still chat here if that is okay.

Agent, wishing you well on a reasonably priced turkey for Thanksgiving. :upsideq:

Kris, I am still loving "This Is Us" and would love to hear what you think about it so far.

Boo, I hope you are doing okay, I know you have been having some troubled times lately.

JG, I haven't seen you here in a while, but I hope things are good in your world.

Agent99
11.2.16, 9:38 PM
I'm here! I will start posting some interesting subjects that don't have to do with politics! My turkey savings account is up to $175 so I think I'll be able to raise the rest in time to buy my turkey. Besides, "This is Us," what other new shows are good? We like "Designated Survivor."

Mike
11.2.16, 11:59 PM
We're saving up Designated Survivor.

I love bingeing so much that poor A has given into saving them up to watch all in a row. (Usually a couple episodes a night.)

I don't enjoy the waiting, but I do enjoy not having to wait a week for the next episode. (Not to mention skipping over the ads! :blush2ey: )

Agent99
11.3.16, 7:41 AM
We never watch anything live (except the Cubs last night!). I don't like to binge too much. It's more fun to wait for the payoff.

boo1
11.3.16, 8:50 AM
I'm feeling much better. This past week was rough, coughing, fever, chills, stomach issues, all that fun stuff. My grandsons were ill too but feeling better.
NEW SHOWS
This is Us.....love
Designated Survivor.....love
Timeless.....My husband really likes this show. I think it's ok, I'm behind a few episodes.
American Housewife.......OK
Speechless.....OK
Kevin can wait......My husband wanted to like this one but we both hated it.
Frequency.....We liked it at first but lost interest a few episodes in.
Falling Water.....Too crazy to follow, I give up. My husband wants us to give it another try. blah
Secrets and Lies.....Love
Hallmark (New Christmas Movies)!!!!!!!

KrisMich
11.3.16, 6:51 PM
I'm here. Since this board has been so quiet, I got out of the habit of checking in. So glad to see some action taking place here.

I'm still loving "This is Us." I have rehearsals on Tuesday nights and I don't get home until 10. I'm watching "This is Us" on Wednesdays, but since the World Series game 7 was last night, I won't have time to watch this week's episode until tomorrow. But, it is so good.

I'm doing well. I had some oral surgery done last Thursday and am finally feeling better. I still can't eat much, which can be a good thing as I've lost some weight in the last week. But, I'm getting pretty sick of soft foods. Seems that so much sadness is taking place in my life all the time. I now have another very good friend who is dying of pancreatic cancer. Cynthia and I have been friends since high school, were college roommates and I was her maid-of-honor. I spent the afternoon with her about a month ago and it was a good visit. She was admitted to the hospital a few days after that visit and was sent home for hospice care last week. She is too weak and sick to receive company anymore, so I'm so thankful I had that visit with her. I will cherish that forever. But, all that to say, though sadness seems to be taking place, I'm choosing to focus on the positive things in my life. I am blessed in so many ways and even though I'm about to lose another friend, I'm so thankful for her friendship and the happy memories we share. When I think of Cynthia, I smile. She has the best sense of humor ever.

KrisMich
11.3.16, 7:01 PM
Boo, isn't sad how sitcoms just don't make it anymore? I wanted to like "Kevin Can Wait" too, but just couldn't get into it. I wanted to like the one with Matt LeBlanc too, but it's blah too. I guess I shouldn't always expect "Joey Tribiani" to show up. hehehe!

boo1
11.4.16, 7:56 AM
I'm so sorry about your friend Kristi. I like that you are choosing to focus on the positive things in your life. Today marks the one year death of my little brother, Jeff. I too am trying to focus on our happy times together and thank God for the time I did have with him.

LOL@ Joey Tribiani.

Agent99
11.4.16, 11:24 AM
I can't believe it's been a year already, Boo. I hope things are smoothing out with your relationship with his family.