PDA

View Full Version : To the First Lady, With Love

Mike
10.18.16, 12:31 PM
Have you seen this, "To the First Lady, with Love (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/17/t-magazine/michelle-obama-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-gloria-steinem-letter.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=mini-moth&region=top-stories-below&WT.nav=top-stories-below&_r=0)"? It's wonderful. Way worth a few minutes. ImHO, of course.

Coffenut
10.18.16, 6:23 PM
A great woman and role model. She is a true 'Lady".

mtj
10.18.16, 8:02 PM
Maybe this thread should be in the Politics forum.

Coffenut
10.18.16, 8:25 PM
Maybe you can just ignore this post instead of starting with telling people what to do.

Mike
10.19.16, 10:59 AM
I actually did think of posting it on "Politics", given the background of this election year.

But reading it just as a lovely paean to a remarkable American, it seemed like putting it in the context of the Politics board framed it incorrectly.

Heaven knows I've been wrong about this sort of thing before! ;-)

jolau
10.19.16, 1:10 PM
Nah. These are your boards, not hers.

Coffenut
10.19.16, 1:56 PM
jolau I so agree !

Catstrack
10.20.16, 2:05 AM
Michelle's legacy will live on as has been her dignity, graciousness, and work for veterans, children and families during her tenure as First Lady along with her striving to press health issues for all. "To the First Lady, with Love" was a beautiful and well deserved tribute. Thanks for posting!

Joyce Sean
11.3.16, 8:12 PM
Thanks for sharing Mike, i've read it and you are right it is wonderful.

"Michelle Obama embodies the modern, American woman, and I donít mean that in any platitudinous or vague way. Rarely can someone express their many identities at the same time while seeming authentic."