PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - More About You

mtj
10.7.16, 7:56 AM
1. What genre of movies do you like best and why?
(Comedy, drama, action, etc)

2. Describe a favorite event in your childhood.

3. What is one choice you regret?

4. What TV family is most like your own?

5. What is your favorite family tradition (past or present)?

Weekend plans?

KrisMich
10.7.16, 11:53 AM
Romantic comedies and dramas (even mysteries) are my favorite genres. There is no real reason why just my preference. I don't like Sci-fi or action movies. I am one who actually fell asleep during a Star Wars movie. :anon2d:

This weekend is our annual Harvest Festival. I always looked forward to that as a kid (still do). Friday was the Kiddie Parade followed by the Grand Parade on Saturday morning. And we had a carnival at the park which was the highlight of the weekend for me. I loved all the big bands at the parade and was so excited when I finally was able to march in my first parade. It was a big event that people came home for.

Not becoming a teacher instead of a bookkeeper.

The Connors (Roseanne) :pinkyz: - We are just an eclectic group of people.

Christmas Eve when company left or when we'd get home from spending the evening with other family members, just the four of us, my Grandparents, mom and myself, would gather around the tree and open our presents to each other. It was always a fun time. I miss my family!

Weekend plans? Harvest weekend, so I'll be busy with that. Plus, I'll be watching the baseball playoffs. Go Dodgers!!!

Agent99
10.7.16, 6:53 PM
I used to like comedies, but comedies just aren't funny these days. I prefer a good mystery/thriller.

I don't think I have a favorite event. I always like to think about hot summer days when my dad would BBQ in the backyard and the family was together.

Not pursuing acting. I had many teachers tell me I should do that.

I don't think there are any TV families that show a hot-headed Italian wife and a cool as a cucumber WASPy husband.

I love our Jewish Christmas Eve celebration.

Weekend plans?
Our friends own an estate sale business. This weekend they are having a sale at a 12,000 sq. foot "castle." We are helping them out. Exhausting!!!

mtj
10.7.16, 7:53 PM
I agree about comedies, TV and film. They are not as good as they used to be.

Agent99
10.7.16, 8:36 PM
Part of the problem is that every one has to have Zak Galifinakis and that other guy with the creepy laugh in them. No thanks.

boo1
10.8.16, 9:52 AM
Comedies and action movies are my husband's favorites, I watch with him, but I find most of the comedies he picks are just stupid.
I like drama and romance movies. I love hallmark and lifetime movies. I'm so excited for the new Christmas movies to come out.

The holidays, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! Every 4th of July was very special, my Aunt and cousins would come for a bbq. We would eat and swim in our pool and later walk a block to the creek to watch the fireworks. My Mom made everything special.

Getting married so young, I was 19. I wanted to be a nurse, I wish I would have went to school and made that happen before I got married.

We're a lovable dysfunctional bunch. We are Roseanne, The Middle, Modern Family, The Adams Family, Lucy, All in the Family, and yes even some Sopranos all rolled into one. BADA BING! :)

I always loved our pizza family game night. When the kids were home friday nights we had pizza for dinner and played board games together. Later we would watch a family movie. I miss that time together.

Weekend plans? Cleaning house and catching up on laundry.