PDA

View Full Version : Mike Pence and the failure of the Republican Establishment

jolau
10.5.16, 12:19 AM
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/mike-pence-and-failure-republican-establishment

Catstrack
10.5.16, 2:00 AM
It was interesting to me that some of the pundits were claiming a win for Pence while Pence was shaking his head "no" to everything where Kaine quoted verbatim what Trump said. There is simply is no way to spin something to something else once it's on video.

Also, Pence saying that it's the Clinton/Kaine campaign who has ran the most insult driven one. Um, Sure.

jolau
10.5.16, 2:21 AM
Saying that while Trump is tweeting his usual slew of insults.

Makes me wonder if Pence thinks he's the running mate of an "Establishment" Republican.

Catstrack
10.5.16, 2:26 AM
Also, Pence saying that it's the Clinton/Kaine campaign who has ran the most insult driven one. Um, Sure.

Guess what? Minutes after the VP debate comes the newest Trump tweets about Kaine's looks ("Kaine looks like an evil crook")! Trump is a small minded bully who just can't help himself. Trump has to be the most petty and pathetic candidate ever.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-kaine-looks-like-an-evil-crook/ar-BBx01vu?li=BBnb7Kz

Mike
10.5.16, 12:54 PM
Trump is a small minded bully who just can't help himself. Trump has to be the most petty and pathetic candidate ever.

It is astounding that Trump was chosen and continues to be supported. Not to mention embarrassing and a bit frightening.

Truly frightening is how many people say that they are considering a so-called "protest vote" for one of the third-party players.

Catstrack
10.8.16, 1:32 AM
It is astounding that Trump was chosen and continues to be supported. Not to mention embarrassing and a bit frightening. Truly frightening is how many people say that they are considering a so-called "protest vote" for one of the third-party players.

That's what scares me more than anything, too...Trump's supporters. Protest votes for the current third-party candidates is almost worse than just deciding to stay home, since only Weld (Johnson's VP choice) is the only one who seems to have some real grasp of issues and VP's don't count!

jolau
10.8.16, 5:06 AM
I'll probably never understand these so-called "protest voters". I understand that these people believe the system is "broken" and not designed to work in their favor, but they also don't factor in the Religious Right or the NRA when it comes to their effects on American politics (especially Republians). They claim to hate the Oligarchy, but they don't realize that the Church was once part of the Oligarchy in the past, what makes them think that the Church is not part of the Oligarchy in the present or future, even if they are unwitting participants or doing something behind the scenes?