PDA

View Full Version : Luke Cage : on Netflix. Who's watching?

Mike
10.4.16, 11:12 PM
We just watched the first two episodes tonight. I loved it! Not sure if A is full 5-stars on it, but I think close.

It's pretty violent, but not up with the worst, and there is a semblance of context -- it is a comic after all. Seems to be the most truly "adult" Marvel ever. I think that if they took the superhero elements out completely, it would still work well as an urban avenger type story, a la
"The Equalizer".

ImHO; of course.

Catstrack
10.5.16, 2:08 AM
I read it broke Netflix when it first aired on Sat. We're in the later part of the second season of Daredevil, so Luke Cage is on our radar soon as is January Jones, I think. Glad to hear you liked Cage. Always good to hear if someone likes a show or not.

Asterian
10.5.16, 8:19 AM
So if they ditched superhero is it still in marvel universe? Will it have Spider-Man?

Mike
10.5.16, 1:06 PM
So if they ditched superhero is it still in marvel universe? Will it have Spider-Man?

It still has a guy with super powers (indestructible, and eye-magnet). And the other suit+mask types are mentioned. But the super power is, so far, not been a key part of the story. So far, it's just an on-the-side element.

Also has arch villains but they are more adult, possible, and focused on plain old greed, sex, and politics.

Mike
10.12.16, 11:45 AM
This series season has definite (undeclared) chapters. We stopped for a couple of days (for the debates and PBS stuff) then went back and got hooked all over again. Love it!