PDA

View Full Version : I was worried before the debate, but feeling better now.

Mike
9.27.16, 11:26 AM
I don't think that Clinton did super well in the debate, but I do think that she was mostly clear and certainly cogent.

Trump, on the other hand, floundered and was thoroughly undignified. He almost got off to a good start, but immediately started slipping into bully mode. And once he started slipping he just accelerated downward.

The good news; he did say that he will support Clinton if she wins.

jolau
9.27.16, 2:12 PM
I think it's definite that Hillary Clinton won the debate. Her numbers bounced upwards after the conventions, her numbers will likely go up as the debates go on, etc.

But think about this. She has had a lot more experience with one-on-one debates be it with Sanders or Obama.

Donald Trump on the other hand has bullied himself through this entire process, he's had to share the debate stage with at least three or four people who obviously did not know how to deal with him.

tilapin
9.27.16, 2:55 PM
Extremely nice wrap up (or rather fact-checking), as far as I'm concerned:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/26/politics/fact-check-presidential-debate/index.html

jolau
9.27.16, 4:17 PM
It seems as if Trump's numbers go up whenever he has the media or the debate stage pretty much to himself, but when compared to Clinton, including times where he has to share the media or the debate stage with her, he falls apart.
She had strong numbers from the convention to when she started having signs of pneumonia and had to rest, then her numbers started dropping. Now that she's back on her feet again and is in a better position to showcase herself, as well as directly show the differences between her and Trump, her numbers should bounce back again.

Coffenut
9.27.16, 7:02 PM
It's clear that Clinton won. She was confident ,professional and prepared. Now Donald Trump claims his microphone wasn't working. I wish it wasn't working than we wouldn't have had to listen to his ramblings.

Mike
9.27.16, 7:04 PM
I wish it wasn't working than we wouldn't have had to listen to his ramblings.

LOL! So true!. A few times I had almost had a fight with myself to keep me from turning it off.

Catstrack
9.28.16, 1:44 AM
I doubt that Trump lost any supporters or if there is anything he could say that would. Reading in the local paper (red state!) some comments by debate viewers was a bit interesting as some who were Trump supporters did acknowledge they thought ....even though he was lacking in the ability to speak coherently on answering specific domestic and foreign issues...they still would support him over Clinton. Uh, OK....that's amazing they still choose to support a know-nothing!

Also, after the debate I just had to tune into FOXnews with Hannity and Cavuto's show on the FOX business network....no surprise as they celebrated Trump's terrific "win". LOL!

jolau
9.28.16, 11:04 AM
I think these people would have voted Republican regardless. (assuming they actually go out and vote)
It is part of their assumption that things have gotten so bad under the Obama administration that a Republican would win easily against him or the heir to his legacy.

Coffenut
9.29.16, 2:35 PM
There are those ill informed and hateful Republicans who are refusing to see any good President Obama has done.You can show them proof and they still say he has done nothing. And of course still those who insist he is not an American. Anybody in their right mind wouldn't vote Trump. I just makes me shudder to think what would happen to this country if Trump got elected.

Catstrack
9.30.16, 2:18 AM
I think these people would have voted Republican regardless. (assuming they actually go out and vote)
It is part of their assumption that things have gotten so bad under the Obama administration that a Republican would win easily against him or the heir to his legacy.

Could be and that's an odd thing for those who consider themselves as "always vote" Republicans, too....since Trump only decided to change not only his party affiliation, but also a turn around on issues where he's always been left leaning. Makes no sense they would support him, but some do. I've said before and stand by, he wanted to run for sometime and thought he had found an entry when he knew Hillary was going to be the Dem candidate and thought he could use her negative numbers for his advantage.

Catstrack
9.30.16, 2:29 AM
There are those ill informed and hateful Republicans who are refusing to see any good President Obama has done.You can show them proof and they still say he has done nothing. And of course still those who insist he is not an American. Anybody in their right mind wouldn't vote Trump. I just makes me shudder to think what would happen to this country if Trump got elected.

Many omit the fact that Obama had little/or no support from Congress. This is where Trump misleads his fans and saying that on "day one" he's going to do such and such. Sorry, Donald...being president is NOT like running your own company where he can hire, fire or make policy alone. Trump's lack of knowledge about Constitutional powers and limits, there of, are amazing and disturbing.

jolau
9.30.16, 2:57 PM
If Congress remains in Republican hands, I don't think they would be much of an obstacle to him the way they were towards Obama.