PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - Time For A Cool Change

mtj
9.23.16, 6:57 AM
1. What has changed in your life recently?

2. How often do you change your sheets?

3. What habit would you like to change?

4. What change of scenery do you dream about?

5. If you could change the behavior of anyone in your life,
who would that be and what would you change?

Weekend plans?

boo1
9.23.16, 9:33 AM
The biggest change was my husband's retirement. The loss of a weekly income and just adjusting to having him around 24/7.

Twice a month.

My over eating.

A new house or apartment. Our place needs a lot of work. I want to move and my husband wants to stay.

Myself, I need to worry less.
Que será, será
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que será, será
What will be, will be

Weekend plans? Spending the day with both my grandsons today!

Agent99
9.23.16, 10:57 AM
Agent 86 is finally settling his lawsuit against his (can I say asshole?) partner and will be ending his career in the next few months. In the meantime, he's working from home. My home. My house. I can't get used to it. LOL!

Every 5 days.

Obsessive worrying.

The beach. Being on the beach all the time.

I'm pretty good at weeding out people who bring me down or make my life complicated. It's not worth it. I spent years trying to form a relationship with my sister. It never worked. It was more toxic than it was beneficial.

Tonight we are going to the annual Detroit Zoo Brew. It's when local breweries bring their craft beer to the zoo and you get to sample them. It's a fun night with different bands and food. My pastor got 20 tickets and so we're going with the crazy church group. Also, going to see "Eight Days a Week," Ron Howard's Beatles documentary.

mtj
9.23.16, 11:06 AM
Boo ----> https://artwork-cdn.7static.com/static/img/sleeveart/00/016/249/0001624948_350.jpg

KrisMich
9.23.16, 12:53 PM
Now I have Little River Band playing in my head... hehehe!

My whole life has changed and continues to do so over the past couple of years. I'm still adjusting to not having my immediate family anymore. I have tons of cousins, but it's not the same as having my mom and grandparents. It's a very lonely feeling at times.

Every two weeks.

Procrastination. I always seem to wait til the last minute to do things that I have had ample time to get done.

The view of the ocean. I just got home from a week at the beach. To me, there is nothing as peaceful as looking at the ocean.

Hand's down my cousin, Denise. She is so good in many ways, but she is one of the most negative people on the planet. She finds something to gripe about in everyone and everything. She is giving and will do about anything for you, but she'll turn around and complain about it to others. She is my only family here in town and has been so good to me since Mom died, but it's getting to be very hard to spend much time with her anymore.

Weekend plans? As I mentioned, I just go back from vacation at the beach, so I have household chores to take care of, tons of laundry too. Tomorrow is Denise's birthday, so they are having a bbq. Sunday, I will be home watching Vin Scully's last broadcast from Dodger Stadium. So if you hear weeping coming from the West, that will be me. He has been the broadcaster for the Dodgers for 67 years. I can't imagine listening to games without him.

Agent99
9.23.16, 1:56 PM
Detroit felt that way when longtime Detroit Tigers announcer Ernie Harwell retired. His voice brings me back to seeing my dad sitting in the family room watching the Tigers. When Harwell died they had him laid out in the infield and thousands of people came and paid their respects.

KrisMich
9.23.16, 2:21 PM
Same with Vin. His voice takes me way back to when my Grandpa and I would lay on the chaise lounges in the backyard and listen to the ballgames on his radio.

Mike
9.23.16, 2:38 PM
Pills for this, pills for that; every day.

Every couple of weeks. (When Annie says, "I want to do the sheets.")

Being continually frustrated and P.O.'d by people who have no respect for others (i.e., me). It's a habit.

It varies. Living in the desert one day; in the redwoods on another; a forested hilltop on another. Sometimes a cityscape dream, sometimes a riverfront. I never dream about the plains. (Nothing personal, plains; it's just not in my dreams.)

Relatives who don't understand why "Black Lives Matter" is important -- and not a threat.

Weekend plans?[/QUOTE]
Finishing "Narcos" binge and visiting Mom in assisted living.