PDA

View Full Version : The Price of Prescription Drugs

mtj
8.23.16, 4:32 PM
I just read a bit of an article that said the price of an Epi-Pen has gone from $100 in 2009 to $600 currently.
I have to wonder how long law makers will continue to allow pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies get away with this crap.

Agent99
8.23.16, 5:16 PM
To me, this is one of the biggest problems in our country and no one is addressing it. If this got as much publicity and outrage as transgender bathrooms, BLM, gay marriage, The Second Amendment, and other BS nonsense we might have an answer. It is crazy and it is nothing but pure greed. There is no scientific reason that these drugs have to be so expensive.

mtj
8.24.16, 6:45 AM
What America needs right now is Howard Beale from the movie "Network".
I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Mike
8.24.16, 11:28 AM
... It is crazy and it is nothing but pure greed. There is no scientific reason that these drugs have to be so expensive.

So right. No economic reason either. Just greed.

I've read that the CEO of the company that did this is being paid a salary over $18 million.

That's pathetic.

Mike
8.24.16, 11:36 AM
Heather Bresch is the CEO of Mylan -- the company that jacked up the prices of the Epipen. She just got a raise, to over $18million.
It turns out that she's the daughter of a Democratic US Senator from West Virginia.

I'm guessing that it turns out that he's not a very good parent.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-08-24/the-senator-s-daughter-who-raised-prices-on-anti-allergy-epipen

Agent99
8.24.16, 3:25 PM
She and that other guy who jacked up the price of the AIDS drug 500% need to be roommates in hell.