PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - Happy Thoughts

mtj
8.19.16, 11:43 AM
1. What song is making you dance?

2. Whose picture always makes you smile?

3. What smell makes your mouth water?

4. Who did something to make you happy recently?

5. What are some things you do to make yourself happy?

Weekend plans?

KrisMich
8.19.16, 12:56 PM
I still dance every time I hear, "Uptown Funk."

It's a picture of my mom with Il Divo. Her smile is simply priceless. It sits right here next to my desk. I look at it often and can't help but smile.

BBQ. My neighbors on this block BBQ often and the aroma gets me every time.

An old school mate is going on vacation next month and needs someone to house/dog sit for her... she lives at the beach. She offered the "job" to me and I took it. One week at the beach for free? Why yes, thank you. I can take my laptop and work a few days, but the rest will be vacation days. I'm so looking forward to this.

Simple things. I make an effort to get out of the house at least once a day. Working from home can cause "cabin fever," so I will go mid-afternoon to get a limeade from Sonic or something from Starbucks. I have lunch with friends at least once a week. Getting out and being with friends makes me the happiest.

Weekend plans? Tomorrow, my community band is playing for a festival in Pismo Beach. The only bad part is that we're leaving at 7am. But, a day at the beach will be well worth it. We play from noon to one and then the rest of the afternoon is free time at the beach. There is a wildfire in our area and the air quality has been horrible. It looks overcast out, but it's because our skies are covered with smoke. I will be so happy to be away from that tomorrow.

KrisMich
8.19.16, 1:11 PM
Here's a picture of our lovely skies this morning. Ugh! What looks like clouds are actually smoke.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/Kristi_Castro/Smoke_zpszrmf8oci.jpg

Agent99
8.19.16, 2:47 PM
Justin Timberlake - "Can Stop the Feeling."

I have a photo of us with our friends Michael and Lori taken a couple of years ago in Napa. We are all sitting exactly the same. It is framed in my kitchen.

Baking cookies!

Last night Agent 86 said, "Let's make plans to go to LA to visit your cousins!" That made me happy.

Getting a good book. Sitting down and writing when I have a great idea. The best feeling!

Weekend plans?
It's the annual classic car "Dream Cruise." Every year the main strip on town closes down for miles and people drive their classic cars from all over the country. It's crazy. It's noisy. It's a tradition. I can handle it for about 15 minutes.

mtj
8.19.16, 3:46 PM
Justin Timberlake - "Can Stop the Feeling."

You have no idea what this song has put me through.
While I like Justin Timberlake, I am no fan of his music. (Sexy Back...barf)
Well this song, this song will not get out of my head and it makes me dance no matter where I am.
And the video kills me.
I keep waiting for the overweight, grey haired produce man in my grocery store to start dancing to this tune.

There, confessions of a die hard blues rock and roll fan.
It's my dirty little secret.

Agent99
8.19.16, 5:46 PM
Your dirty little secret is safe me (and JT).

boo1
8.20.16, 4:02 AM
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse-Hot Dog Dance
My Grandson yells, Dance with me GAMMA
Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggidy Dog!

I have a picture of my brothers and I from my nephews wedding that sits on the desk. It reminds me of happy times and makes me smile.

Pot roast.

Our son bought us lunch yesterday, subs and chips.

I make my morning french vanilla flavored coffee and have an hour to myself everyday.

Weekend plans?
Our daughter invited the family over at noon for lunch (saturday)
Sunday if weather permits I need to trim the bushes in the front yard and put away the backyard toys and pool.

*Agent, If you're going to the Woodward Cruise, stop by the WOMC 104.3 Family Fun Zone for a free picture in the Trilogy Creative photo booth 11-4 on Saturday. My brother in-law Tim owns Trilogy Band and Trilogy Creative. I'm not sure if he will be there or an employee running the booth.

Agent99
8.20.16, 10:20 AM
I'll try to check it out, Boo!