PDA

View Full Version : I've Lost a Friend

Agent99
8.9.16, 11:43 AM
My English professor from college, Linda McCloskey, passed away this morning. She was a wonderful friend and mentor and the reason I write. She was funny and kind and we both loved all things Frasier. We have kept in contact and spoke on the phone all the time. Some people come into your life and stay and she was one of them. She appreciated my writing and would always tell me, "I want to hear more!!" When she was still teaching at the university she would have me come in and read my essays and talk to her students about how to write humor. I loved doing that. Her laugh was contagious and we could bring ourselves to tears. I will miss texting lines from Frasier to each other during the day. I just wanted to share this because I think it's important when someone passes to tell others about them. She has been encouraging me this past year to put a collection of my essays together and get an agent and I am continuing to do that. You can believe that if I get published, my essays will be dedicated to her. She was a teacher from another generation and they just don't make them like that anymore. I hope all of you have had a teacher in your life that has taught you more about the world and yourself than anyone else could have.

KrisMich
8.9.16, 12:19 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful person and I'm so glad you had her in your life. I had a teacher like that. My college band director, Mr. Duane Weston. He passed away a couple of years ago and I miss him so. I still talk to his wife quite often. She love his "kids" just as much as he did. I'm looking forward to your book of essays as I love reading your blog.

mtj
8.9.16, 7:45 PM
Thank you for sharing Linda with us.
It is important when someone passes to tell others about them.
That is a tribute to their life and to the room that person took up in your heart.
I'm very sorry you lost someone who was so important to you.
Blessings to you and all those who will miss Linda.

boo1
8.10.16, 6:18 AM
Praying for Linda's family and friends. I'm so sorry for your loss.