PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - More About You

mtj
7.1.16, 6:06 AM
1. If you could change one thing that happened this week,
what would it be?

2. What is a food you really like, but only eat once in a while?

3. What was the last secret you kept and how hard was it to keep?

4. Who (celebrity or real life person) is annoying the crap out of you
lately?

5. Name something (keep it clean) that makes you say "Aaaahhhh"
(the relaxing kind not the open up and say ah kind).

Weekend plans? Happy Independence Day America!

http://fineartbymary.com/smilies/grillsmile1.gif

Agent99
7.1.16, 8:40 AM
1. If you could change one thing that happened this week, what would it be?
Agent 86 is still in a draining legal battle with his greedy, egotistical, asshole of a business partner and there was supposed to be a step forward to a resolution this week - and there wasn't.

Chocolate cake! Spaghetti and meatballs. I love them both equally.

A close friend's husband had an affair (she told me). I never told a soul. Secrets are always hard to keep!!! But I am really good at keeping them.

4. Who (celebrity or real life person) is annoying the crap out of you lately?
I always come back to Kanye West. I just wish people would stop giving him attention. I just wish he and the whole lot of K's would go away.

Having my hair washed and head massaged at the salon. I'm going this morning and I can't wait!!

I'm having brunch with my friend and her daughters tomorrow. The girls just got back from doing an internship traveling with a 60s revival tour. Mark Lindsay, The Cowsills, The Turtles, Gary Puckett, Three Dog Night. I can't wait to hear about it. I have them some of my old 16 Magazines to have autographed. Ha ha!!

mtj
7.1.16, 12:15 PM
1. If you could change one thing that happened this week, what would it be?
Agent 86 is still in a draining legal battle with his greedy, egotistical, asshole of a business partner and there was supposed to be a step forward to a resolution this week - and there wasn't.

This kind of thing can be as ugly and drawn out as a divorce.

Having my hair washed and head massaged at the salon. I'm going this morning and I can't wait!!

Interesting. That is the part of going to a salon that I like the least. I really don't like the way my neck feels in those "lean back" sinks.

KrisMich
7.1.16, 1:24 PM
what would it be?
I had a doctor's appt. yesterday (in Visalia) and decided to go have a late lunch afterward at one of my favorite places that I have not been too but only a few times since I moved. I walked in and the waitresses were all so happy to see me and came to greet me. I soon realized that it was very hot in there. After I sat down, I heard someone talking about the AC being out. It was 106 degrees yesterday and it was miserable in there. I had already ordered, so I ate quickly then left. But, I was so sick the rest of the afternoon. All that to say, I wouldn't go eat there if I could change anything.

Pasta. I absolutely loved pasta and could eat it all the time. But, being diabetic, I have to watch my carb intake and stay away from it as much as possible.

My cousin confides in me about his recent connection with his biological father. His mother would blow a gasket if she knew how much Derek sees him. If I were to tell her that, it would create World War III within our family. Derek's father was an a**hole to Denise and never did anything for Derek as a child. Denise married when Derek was 4 and Larry raised him as his own. It's just a sticky mess.

lately?
Debbie at work. The "reach out" lady. I see an email from her and my day is ruined. I recently found out that I'm not the only one who feels this way about her. She is just so brash.

When it's hot like this during the summer and I drive over to the beach for the day. I love it when I get there and get out of the car and feel the fresh, cool ocean breeze on my face and smell the sea. That is my "aaahhh" moment.

Weekend plans? Happy Independence Day America! My cousin, Larry talked me into having a yard sale with him tomorrow... ugh! I hate yard sales, but I do have tons of stuff to get rid of from my storage unit. Sunday night is our city's fireworks show, so I will go to that and then on Monday, it's our traditional family bbq and fireworks at my cousin's house. It's always a fun time and a big turnout. Thankfully, we are having a cool down on Monday... only 100 degrees that day... (said with a sarcastic grin)

KrisMich
7.1.16, 1:28 PM
Oh my gosh, Agent, that group was just here in CA. A friend of mine wanted me to go with her to see them. I couldn't make it though.

Agent99
7.1.16, 1:42 PM
I can't wait to talk to the girls tomorrow. They said everyone was so friendly. Kathryn texted me a photo of her working the light board for Mark Lindsay.

Agent99
7.1.16, 1:44 PM
I wish my grandfather were still alive. This legal case would have been over before it ever began.

boo1
7.1.16, 2:24 PM
what would it be?
I wasn't feeling well and missed my great nephews birthday party last weekend. He was so upset we didn't make it. I wish I had made more of an effort to go.

Cheesecake-any flavor.

About my sister-in-law. :(

lately?
It must be me because everyone in my life is annoying the crap out of me.

My morning cup of french vanilla coffee.

Going to our son's new home tomorrow for a bbq.

I'm sorry Agent that your husband is still having legal problems with his partner. Hope it all works out soon.
Good luck with your yard sale Kristi.
Happy 4th everyone, have fun and be safe.

Agent99
7.1.16, 2:28 PM
You can spill the secret about your sister-in-law here. We won't tell a soul!!!

mtj
7.1.16, 6:09 PM
Boo, a great quote from "The West Wing" when you are feeling that way...

"There is literally no one in the world that I don't hate right now."

It is a great comment on that feeling that everyone and everything is bugging the crap out of you.
Luckily, that feeling passes in time.
But I get it.

KrisMich
7.3.16, 7:51 PM
I love that line... that is how I've been feeling lately. Tonight is our city's firework show and I'm not going. It's too hot and I simply can't handle people right now. Our yard sale went very well and we all made some money, but dealing with some people was enough to cause me to go postal. Do you know that I caught a 10-year-old girl trying to steal from me? She was buying a little purse of mine and I caught her putting some of the jewelry I was selling into the purse. I approached her and told her I saw what she did and her mom did NOTHING. For all I know, mama probably had something stolen too. Sheesh!! The girl then paid for everything and they left.