PDA

View Full Version : Hand Sanitizers - Dangerous?

mtj
6.29.16, 1:15 PM
The feds are now asking for detailed studies on the use of hand sanitizers, specifically if there are any dangerous side effects from constant use.
It seems like every day the internet warns us of some commonly used or eaten product.
I've never really understood the use of hand sanitzers.
It seems proper washing of the hands is enough.

Agent99
6.29.16, 1:52 PM
I use hand sanitizers when I leave the gym. I prefer to wash my hands - with bar soap - when I get home. I keep the hand sanitizer in my purse for emergencies, but I don't rely on them. Over the years I have been convinced that if the red M&Ms didn't get us - something else will.

KrisMich
6.30.16, 11:08 AM
I rarely use hand sanitizers. I used it quite a bit when my mom was in the hospital and found that the skin on my hands would start to peel after constant use. Therefore, I stay away from it as much as possible. I will only use it when soap and water are not available. But, you are right, there is something new on the web every day that will harm us. The scary one now is talcum powder. I use it quite a bit in the summer months. Yikes!

Agent99
6.30.16, 7:02 PM
The talcum powder thing got me thinking about my mom. I remember she used to use baby powder under her arms and she ended up with breast cancer. I wonder if it could have contributed to it.

KrisMich
6.30.16, 11:53 PM
The talcum powder thing got me thinking about my mom. I remember she used to use baby powder under her arms and she ended up with breast cancer. I wonder if it could have contributed to it.
It is certainly something to think about. I'm obviously not going to use it anymore, but I've used it for so long, I could be in serious trouble.